Avoid this email Scam! Sellers beware.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hi-Ho Silver

Car
C220 CDi SE Auto
Dear Forum members,
This is a copy-paste of an email I received today. Since advertising my car, I have received two similar emails. If you receive an email requesting your details and/or payment, do not reply to it, report it to the Police.

Hope this helps.

"Thanks for the prompt response..I fully understand the condition of what i am buying. I'm ready to buy it now for my personal use but am not local and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this Ad and send you an email regarding it. Note that you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. My shipping company will come to your location for the pick up do provide me your name and full address so i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the cost of pick up for me. And concerning the payment, i will prefer PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking but i can pay from my PayPal account because i have my bank account attached to it. I will also need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments immediately and if you don't have an account with PayPal yet, it is very easy to set up,go
to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to deposit the fund. So get back to me with the following details

Your Full Name:
The Pick Up Address including Zip Code:
Your PayPal email address for the payment.
Your phone number:"

PS: The e-mail I received from the same fake gmail address before this one asked me

"Is the car still for sale?"

I replied that it was still for sale and also gave my phone number, so we could arrange a time to meet. Name email and phone number is too much information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom