Avon ZV5 tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi all
I have just ordered a couple of new Avon ZV5 tyres to replace the worn out fronts on my 210 E320. Has anyone got any comments, good or bad, about these tyres?
I am hoping that they are a good tyre, I can't find any negative comments on the web and they seem to be a reasonable price, I didn't fancy the £50 tyres that are available at some web shops :fail

Keith

Fitted a couple only last Saturday to the front of my Accord - getting the car ready for winter. According to tyre tests and my independent local tyre shop ZV5's are classed as excellent in the wet which is exactly what I was looking for and seemed good value too.

It's a bit early for me to make any comments (steering feel is nice, it's nearly always the same with new tyres) but I haven't really done much mileage and it hasn't rained. I have used Avon ZV3's on my old 190 & 300 and found them excellent. So, I'm expecting similar from the ZV5's with better wet grip.

I've got ZV5's on my W211 E320 CDi - they're very good in dry conditions but I find the ESP engages quite a bit in the wet. Overall i'm happy with them - especially as they're quite a bit cheaper than the premium brand equivalents.

I had them our Audi A4 estate and they were an excellent all-round tyre. Think we got through 3 or 4 sets over the years.

Thanks guys for the replies. Do you fit them to the front or rear of the car?

Keith

I had them front & back. They were pretty good in the snow too, btw (albeit on a FWD car).

Had the new tyres fitted this morning and I asked the fitter to check the spare and if it was as bad as I thought it was then would he fit the best of the tyres I was replacing? He came back and told me that the spare wheel was a different size, it is 16" rather than the fitted 17" wheels, so I will need to get another tyre for the boot as well. I may look out for a used 17" alloy wheel and tyre the same as mine so that all the wheels are identical, does that make sense?
I think my wheels are Sador type?

Keith

It doesn't really matter what size rim the spare is - many cars have space savers, for example. However ... if your road wheels are the same front & back then it can be quite convenient if the spare is the same, if you need to get a wheel refurbed etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom