Axle stand location help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jcooper5083

Car
2016 E220D AMG
Hi all,

I hope you are well and I have posted this in the right section.

I have a 2016/17 E220d AMG i believe the W213 version and I need to get the front wheels off for cleaning and detailing the arches so need to have an anxle stand in place to keep the car up.

I have searched high and low and connot find where to position the axle stand as there just appears to be a plastic covering all over the front and online has been no help so far in identifying where to locate the stands - that back was easy but this has baffled me.

I will be using a trolly jack to lift the car using the jack points by the side sills.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

There is a central jacking point at the front of most Merc’s. The logic being you jack up the whole front from the centre point and place axle stands on the jack points by the sill.

The centre point will look like a rubber cup below the engine area.

Thank you both - really appreciate the response on this as was starting to lose my mind on it.

There is a central jacking point at the front of most Merc’s. The logic being you jack up the whole front from the centre point and place axle stands on the jack points by the sill.

The centre point will look like a rubber cup below the engine area.

Thank you - does this require a long arm trolly jack as only have a standard but this totally makes sense.

I have also been told to use the where the suspension arm pivots - is this advisable?

Thank you - does this require a long arm trolly jack as only have a standard but this totally makes sense.

I have also been told to use the where the suspension arm pivots - is this advisable?

I have nit put stands on pivot arms personally as you can just put them on the jack sill points. I cannot advise on this point. I have a trolley jack that is not particularly long but it fits my CLK fine so just a matter of trying the one you have.

Read the manual, it will show all jacking points, I would not be surprised if MB decided to omit the front centre jacking pad as they have history of omitting really useful things.

If the centre pad it there you might need a low access trolley jack to get deep enough in below the lower bumper, then you might need 'T' piece rubber inserts for fitting into the recess in the sills, these will not work on 'normal' axle stands...the list goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom