Axle stands on AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Hi I'm after swapping the fronts to backs and can't find anywhere I can put the axle stands.
My car is a A250 with AMG kit.
I've figured out the jacking points, you have to pull out a couple of covers to access the lift points, but with the underside of the car completely covered with paneling I can not see any place to put the stands?
Any ideas what I have to do, don't fancy taking any panels off
Cheers
Ben:thumb:
PS I've had a look on MB Guide and they only show the jacking points nothing on axle stand points?

Take car to local tyre place, ask then to swap front to back - £20 max

Jack the front up on the jacking point, this will start to lift the rear also, put a axle stand under the front suspension arm (but leave the jack where it is) swop front to back and repeat the other side.

Tbh if I am just swapping the wheels over I wouldn't bother with the axle stands

Having said that, the above reply is the correct one

The other option is to lift the car with a trolley jack and use use the axle stands under the cill jacking points.

Rotating tyres is a whole lot easier if you have a spare wheel to fit temporarily.

I'm surprised the wheels aren't staggered on an AMG kitted car....

Thanks for all the advice cheers, I managed to swap them round by borrowing a neighbours trolley jack.
So used two trolley jacks, thanks for the heads up on if they a staggered, checked and both are same size, mine is a front wheeled drive car.
Cheers
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom