azurite blue passenger door wanted please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
has to be in immaculate condition. for w202 c280 elegance cheers tony.

Won't match , every car ages differently depending on exposure to the elements.

Buy one in any colour , get the body shop to spray it before they fit it ( £100 ish )

Hanging doors on cars is an art

Hanging doors on a 202 is even more of an art than most ,but I wouldn't rule out a second hand door matching colour wize uv got probs 50/50 chance but trying 2 get 1 that'a not dented scratched or rusty and the same colour I would say ur chances are very slim

It took me over 2 yrs to find 4 good doors 4 my 202 and I wsnt fussy about colour or dents as I was respraying it anyway

I would say there's more chance of a secondhand door matching than if you just get a different coloured door painted and DNt blend adjacent panels

that's what i was thinking hondo. i've seen some terrible jobs over the years. Actually there's more damage to the car i thought in the first place. i really am totally gutted so am going to have to claim off my insurance. the first time since i started driving in 1976. Cheers, tony.

I hope it's not 2 much damage as the value of a 202 won't go far towards repairing it with genuine panels ie insurance total loss Iv seen c180s written off 4 little more than a bumper

I'll be totally gutted if its written off. best car ive had since 1976 when i first passed my test. Cheers, Tony.

tonyc280 said:
I'll be totally gutted if its written off. best car ive had since 1976 when i first passed my test. Cheers, Tony.

What is damage ? Any pics ?

Even if it is what the insurance company's class as a total loss /write off /beyond economical repair it doesn't mean it has to be scrapped

It may be beyond economical repair for the insurance company who will have to pay a repairer about £30 per hour ,use genuine parts etc etc but if you agree to keep car and except a settlement from them ,there will be no record of it being damaged it will not be categorised as a right off and I'm sure the settlement would cover repairs if u get a good door from a breakers and get some1 who knows what there doing to do paint and fit door

No amount of damage will scrap a car if the insurance company's can save money by having it repaired so if they can repair it economically they will

Hi Hondo. I really hope its not written off. Dont know how to put up pic's on here but only damage is passenger door. scuffed front and rear bumpers and a damaged wheel. Depends i surpose how much they value my car at pre accident. i really is immaculate and runs like a dream and so easy to service myself. Cheers. tony.

Yes, that's my car and if it's the front passenger door you are looking for then it is immaculate with zero rust. I might be willing to talk sensible terms for someone to have the whole car which should become available in a week or so. Sorry but I don't have the time or room to break it. Actually, although it has a few issues, it's far too good to break !
Just realised the op's car will be a facelift version if it's the v6 whereas the car available is pre-facelift. I don't think the metal part of the door is any different, however, and maybe the door card, airbag etc. can be transferred over ?

Last edited:
Tony, yes I totally sympathise. My C200 referred to above has been my pride and joy for 8 years and I was pretty gutted when the accident happened. Just so glad it wasn't my C280 V6 which, as you say, is also the best car I've ever had. My whole car (the C200) is available as mentioned for £295 and the front passenger door really is immaculate. I know some people's immaculate isn't the same as others. However, this one really is and has no rust, no scratches, dings or any other blemishes. Same goes for much of the rest of the car because I am extremely fussy. That's one of the reasons why I'm not repairing it. I simply know I won't be happy. Plus the fact I have the opportunity of purchasing my mate's C200, same year as mine, with just 68k miles and all documents, history etc. from new.

Pre face lift door will fit but most of the internal parts will need swapped over not a major problem though

^Yes the door will fit but the door card won't without modification of fixing screws,doubt
the air bag will fit but not too sure about that as I have only fitted a rear pre face lift door to a facelift.

Fitted 2 preface lift front doors on my face lift car about a Mnth ago I had 2 drill 1 hole each side for airbag retaining rivet( 2 of the 3 holes were there already ) no other modifications were required to trim etc

Martyz,

Did the rears swap easily? Nothing other than door card to swap, all plugs, pipes, etc matched?
I've been put off doing the fronts as I wasn't convinced pre facelifts had door controllers/airbags etc and was told, not only are the door cards different, but the wiring to and from the door is different. I didn't bother investigating though to find out...

Andy

I swapped the window regulator and motor over as well, as the connector is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom