B class 2018 exclusive vs premium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JT80

Car
MIni Cooper
Hi,

Im new to Mercedes so please mind any ignorance. I’m looking at getting a 2017/2018 b class petrol automatic for my wife. Comfort and good suspension is our most important factor. We tried a b180 SE which we found sluggish and a quite bumpy and harsh drive. We then tried a B 200 exclusive which had dynamic select and the drive was beautiful in comfort setting. Also the extra BHP due to it being a 200 made it feel a bit lighter. However, we wanted a car with parking sensors too and didn’t like the colour so didn’t go for that one.

The questions I’ve got -

1) I’ve seen a B200 premium plus for sale that I’m interested in but I don’t have time to test drive it this week due to work commitments. Would the drive be the same as the B200 exclusive or would it be harsher suspension?

2) Is the suspension on a B200 sport harsher? Or is Mercedes sport only a trim level without any changes to performance?

Thank you

Tai

Last edited:
Hi,

Im new to Mercedes so please mind any ignorance. I’m looking at getting a 2017/2018 b class petrol automatic for my wife. Comfort and good suspension is our most important factor. We tried a b180 SE which we found sluggish and a quite bumpy and harsh drive. We then tried a B 200 exclusive which had dynamic select and the drive was beautiful in comfort setting. Also the extra BHP due to it being a 200 made it feel a bit lighter. However, we wanted a car with parking sensors too and didn’t like the colour so didn’t go for that one.

The questions I’ve got -

1) I’ve seen a B200 premium plus for sale that I’m interested in but I don’t have time to test drive it this week due to work commitments. Would the drive be the same as the B200 exclusive or would it be harsher suspension?

2) Is the suspension on a B200 sport harsher? Or is Mercedes sport only a trim level without any changes to performance?

Thank you

Tai
In general terms, the Sport versions are usually lowered a little with, I think, 17inch wheels, compared to SE which has 16-inch wheels. I wouldn't normally describe Sport suspension as harsh, but it will feel firmer than the SE with 16s. Premium Plus gives you extras like COMAND, Keyless go, high-quality sound and Pano Roof but doesn't affect the suspension. However, be careful that the car you're interested in isn't an AMG Sport as that will be lowered again with 18 -inch wheels and a firmed-up suspension which to some tastes could be described as harsh, but these qualities are always very subjective.

My advice would be to see and try a similar car before making a commitment.

Could you post a link to the car in question and we might be able to help further?

I'm not aware of an 'Exclusive' trim, although it might be an 'end-of-line special edition.

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

Thank you so much for this. Ok the sport part makes sense now.

The exclusive car- Auto Trader logo

It does seem to be an end of line edition as they only seem to be around on 2018 versions.

The other car-
Auto Trader logo

Thank you very much

T

The only drawback with the exclusive , my opinion , is that most of the ones I've seen have an odd shade of faux wood across the dashboard , brushed aluminium looks much better.

The exclusive is based on a sport, so the suspension/ride will be exactly the same

The advantage with the exclusive is the real leather and additional standard spec. If you want an exclusive with sensors, find one with a plus pack too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general terms, the Sport versions are usually lowered a little with, I think, 17inch wheels, compared to SE which has 16-inch wheels. I wouldn't normally describe Sport suspension as harsh, but it will feel firmer than the SE with 16s. Premium Plus gives you extras like COMAND, Keyless go, high-quality sound and Pano Roof but doesn't affect the suspension. However, be careful that the car you're interested in isn't an AMG Sport as that will be lowered again with 18 -inch wheels and a firmed-up suspension which to some tastes could be described as harsh, but these qualities are always very subjective.

My advice would be to see and try a similar car before making a commitment.

Could you post a link to the car in question and we might be able to help further?

I'm not aware of an 'Exclusive' trim, although it might be an 'end-of-line special edition.

Ernie

Simply avoid the AMG Line. SE you can’t get with premium or premium plus. Sport it Exclusive with a plus pack would be spot on

Premium Plus doesn’t come with COMAND, that’s a stand alone option. Personally I don’t think it’s a must have option with the smartphone integration being standard

Hi JBD,

Thanks so much for this. It is really helpful.

Best wishes

T

The exclusive is based on a sport, so the suspension/ride will be exactly the same

The advantage with the exclusive is the real leather and additional standard spec. If you want an exclusive with sensors, find one with a plus pack too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom