B class aftermarket reversing cam help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MACHINEMAN

Car
B class
Hi
I Have a 2013 B class with Audio 20 system, I want to retro -it reversing camera, does anyone know if this is possible?
Regards
Mike

There have been threads on reversing cameras before, one fairly recently. You will need to use the search function………….it depends on the sockets/fittings you have on the rear of your unit if I remember correctly.

If this is the old B class (can't remember when) then no it doesn't support reverse camera.

If this is a new B class, then there are 4 versions of the Audio-20 i.e with and without CD changer and with and without Reverse Camera input.

As far as we can tell, the reverse camera one is *only* fitted if you specified reverse camera from factory.

So you will have to change your Audio-20 most likely, but worth checking.

It is trivial to take out the Audio-20 to look

Remove left and right vents above. This are only friction fitted, but if you look in the middle at bottom through the flaps you will see a small slot, and the official way is to stick a pulling hook into that slot, rotate and pull.

You will then see two torx TX20 screws, one on each side. Unscrew and once they are unscrewed, screw in again 1 turn so they dont drop down.

Reach through the vent and push the audio-20 forward from behind it's from panel ,and then remove.

You are looking for a green coax socket.

Cheers

Richard

Hi
Ok thanks for this info, I cannot get vents out by hand so will make a pulling tool, I assume if there is connector at back of unit I will have to run cable to rear of car?
Regards
Mike

Yes, you need something to pull quite hard on the vents. And yes, cable goes to back of car

The Mercedes genuine camera is best, but more expensive than an aftermarket camera ...

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom