B-Class auto headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulandlouise

Car
B160 Sport
I have just purchased a 1 year old B class 160 sport - the headlamp switch is set to auto ( the setting on the settings screen is manual not constant) but the head lamps seem to remain on all the time ( they may have gone off once automatically ) but only in bright sun light - is there a setting to change how long they Remain on for in daylight or has anyone else got a b class that does the same - is it just a quirk of the car . :dk:

Hello. The light sensor cannot be adjusted for light intensity . The sensor is beside the rear view mirror. If the car is only a year old then it's a warranty job. It's possible the sensor is faulty. It's attached the the screen by a gel so have a look at it and check for air bubbles.

I suspect that the car has had a new windscreen (and thus it should have had a new light sensor) and the light sensor hasn't been adapted to the new windscreen (which needs Star Diagnosis (so a good independant, or MB dealer)).

Richard

It may also be the time of year. My B Class the lights are nearly always on, and certainly on my previous S class the lights stayed on this time of year, particularly when the sun is getting low.

B class lights

Thanks for the replies - will have a look at the sensor - and make a trip to the dealer for them to check it - :thumb: appreciate the replies

My M class also has its lights on most of the time at the moment. It seems they will come on at the slightest sign of dim light but only go off when in prolonged sunlight.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom