B-Class chrome rear bumper protector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

High-Lo

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
Does anyone know if the chrome bumper protector which is fitted to the later model W245 B-Class rear bumper is suitable to fit the pre-facelift model? My dealer has no idea if it will fit but has told me it is £44 + VAT. I wonder if its just a self adhesive part? Any ideas?

Photo below to illustrate (protects the loading area).

Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• BClassRear.jpg
    BClassRear.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 128
It is not self adhesive- it has clips & protrusions which hold it onto the bumper.
One can buy self adhesive ones on ebay

It is not self adhesive- it has clips & protrusions which hold it onto the bumper.

Thanks for that Smatt. I've had the eBay one on my watch list for a while. I don't mind fitting non-genuine as long as it looks OE. Does it look OE to you?

mercedes_b_klasse.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. The pre-facelift version had thin ridges on, like the pic above (I prefer these). the facelift ones were much wider raised bars as in your first pic.
The MB ones are chrome I think
Some Ebay ones are s/steel, so might be more resilient, although depends on the grade of s/steel as to how much they may corrode?. The thickness varies a bit too. Some boast about 1mm thick steel....

Thanks very much Smatt I'll see whats available as that particular eBay ad has now gone. Cheers for that :)

I already have (the MB one in 1st pic) :)

but, I have not fitted it:dk: - still sitting in its box- & cannot see myself doing so anytime soon as there are lots of house priorities to do 1st!

I might go for that for the wifes, cheers

Just to give this thread its second revival why are the clips and protrusions an issue? Can they not be lined up and drilled into the bumper or either removed/filed down and stuck on with tiger seal or something similar. I really like the facelift one and the price is better than ebays so it annoying to have to get something thats not as nice and costs more.

I'd be interested in something like this for W168 facelift A-class.
Any suggestions?

That looks just like the oem one, good find. Problem is its actually double the price of the oem one when taking into account postage.

I bought this cheap-ish rear bumper from Ebay for about £45 iirc, fits pretty well, not as thick as the OEM one but I didn't want to pay OEM price ;p
pmqOGeu.jpg

11NNvxB.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom