B Class Roof Antenna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
So, with all the problems with the radio, it is now narrowed down to the roof amplified antenna. So I have taken it apart, but still connected to the wiring, and here is the problem. If I replace the antenna, do I have to resolder the wires, or does the roof lining need to be removed to access, I guess, some plugs. MB doesn't make it easy :(

To get to the antenna connectors, remove the rear interior lamp, and you should be able to unplug (two or three different ones, depending on your spec) the plugs, and reach the holding bolt, if needed. I haven't actually done this, but looked at them, when I replaced the festoon with LED light.

There's also an amplifier in the boot, on the OS, behind the lining - might just be a loose connector there?

Drop the roof lining, not completely, you can gain access by just pulling it down at the back.

To get to the antenna connectors, remove the rear interior lamp, and you should be able to unplug (two or three different ones, depending on your spec) the plugs, and reach the holding bolt, if needed. I haven't actually done this, but looked at them, when I replaced the festoon with LED light.

There's also an amplifier in the boot, on the OS, behind the lining - might just be a loose connector there?

Now you have confused me! I have removed the roof antenna and there are no upluggable connectors, it is hard wired with 4 wires going i, I guess radio, telephone, GPS and a live feed. I have found the boot amplifier and that has connectors none loose unfortunately.

So, which of the two is most likely to have failed? I will probably need to get an auto electrician to check them I guess. Hope it's not the roof amp as that's £150 to replace

Ah, the wiring must be different for W169, or at least for my A200 C169 2006 ... my apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom