B Class Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ernie

Car
Audi Q2; W205 Sport 2018 (Gone)
I tried a B200d Sport today. On 17ins wheels I found it very harsh over a not-too-good surface compared to the C Class. They have a new B200d AMG Line in stock which I could have considered, but the Spec Sheet shows it to have a Torsion Beam rear axle. I could have forgiven a rough ride on that suspension on a Sport, but I thought the AMG Line should have had Multilink....or is that reserved for the 'real' AMG with 4wd and AMG power? Can anybody provide some insight, please, because as it stands I may have to jump ship?

Many thanks,

Ernie

I had the old W245 B Class sport on 17" wheels and anything you compare it with, the B Class suspension is harsh. Not only harsh, but the unforgiving suspension, I got through one set of wheels in the 7 years I had the car, not to mention having them welded once or twice and some of our roads will disengage the auto locking on the doors if you hit the pot holes too quick.

Hope that don't put you off :D

I had the old W245 B Class sport on 17" wheels and anything you compare it with, the B Class suspension is harsh. Not only harsh, but the unforgiving suspension, I got through one set of wheels in the 7 years I had the car, not to mention having them welded once or twice and some of our roads will disengage the auto locking on the doors if you hit the pot holes too quick.

Hope that don't put you off :D
Thanks, Geoff. I tried another newer demonstrator today, a B200 petrol. Although that seemed slightly less harsh than the diesel, compared to the C Class, even on winters, it wasn't comfortable on our pockmarked Scottish roads. Also, the lack of effective 'creep' on the auto made manoeuvring, especially on a hill 'interesting'.

Any comments about the Audi Q2. anybody?

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom