B Class W245 key button broken not locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason1145

Car
Merc B Class W245
Hi all

I got two keys with my 2007 W245 B Class, however one is not locking the car :(

Both keys are the 2 button type ( lock and unlock) and both keys start the car and unlock it.... However 1 key then doesn't lock the vehicle... I think the actual lock button is broken as I can't get it to click and when pressing it seems loose.

Would I need to buy a whole new key if I wanted this fixed? Seems a shame as it can unlock the car and start it.. Just can't lock it.

You can buy just a shell - £4 without the battery holder, or under £9 for the complete kit, and place the electronics innards from your broken key into it :thumb:

Won't be as good looking as Mercedes OE one, but good enough for a spare key, and a wee bit cheaper than £280 from main dealer ...

Thanks pal.... that was going to be my chosen route upon reading.... but then I went and investigated further with a Youtube Video showing me how to get my transponder pcb thingy out.... in preparation for installing into a new fob as you kindly suggested.

Alas... this it what I found inside.... think this explains why the "lock" button wasn't working... it's actually smashed to pieces on the pcb... indicated by the flat head screwdriver position below
xreabY5.jpg

So this means I might have to contact MB to ask about a new spare key now :(

Woooaahh... :)
Just need to solder it on to those two contact points right?

Thanks Benzmanc, wouldn't have got it without your knowledge on this topic. Ordered already and will update if it works.

Got to be worth a punt at £2 :thumb:

Since putting this key back together in its broken state it now doesn't open the car by the remote button and worse luck, it fails to start the car either.
Wish I'd left it alone now!
The EBay micro buttons have arrived but meh.

Replacement Mercedes Keys . Co.uk to the rescue.
With a 4 day turnaround they received my key, refurbished it and posted it back fully working, all for £90. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom