B Class W246 Auto Roll up/down windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ssldn

Still pretty new to the MB world, but wondered whether it's possible to set the windows to roll up and down using the fob?

Convenience/Summer opening function. Hold the fob close to and pointing at the little black 'window' in the driver's door handle. Press and hold the the Open button on the fob.

If you're lucky the windows will open.....

It's not a very reliable function.

Thanks for the replies.

It seems there isn't a 'black window' on the B Class. I've tried holding the fob close to the handle .. no joy!

Quite surprised, as this has worked on every car I've owned since about 2003!

Slight update ... holing down the 'air recirculate' button opens all / closes all windows. Seems as though it's not possible using the fob though.

That's unusual, even my 20 year old W202 can do it with the remote.
Is your door handle Black in colour, may not be easy to see the window sensor if handle is Black?

Dec

I have to have my fob touching the door and be quite persistent for it to work, but it does work on mine.

Slight update ... holing down the 'air recirculate' button opens all / closes all windows. Seems as though it's not possible using the fob though.

If you can do this you should be able to use the fob as described but as said, it's very temperamental....

What year is your car?

That's unusual, even my 20 year old W202 can do it with the remote.
Is your door handle Black in colour, may not be easy to see the window sensor if handle is Black?

Dec

It's grey, definately no black window. A neighbor has a 2012 C250, just had a look on his and it's clear as day. Very strange.

^^^ +1

My CLK has the little 'window' on the door handle, but I have only managed to get the key fob convenience windows open/close to work twice in two years.

Nope, recirc button doesn't do anything like that on my B Class (a W246 built Feb 15). And no black window on the door handle (it's a white car). Sounds a useful function to have - especially with the weather we're currently having!

Pages 76 & 77 here… https://www.carmanualsonline.info/mercedes-benz-b-class-2017-w246-owner-s-manual/8

Page 77 mentions, with picture, “Touch recessed sensor surface (1) on door handle until the side windows are fully closed”
Note there is no sensor window beside the keyhole.

According to this manual, whatever version of keyless-go you have should work.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom