B Class W246 Auto Roll up/down windows

stvnshrmptn

Still pretty new to the MB world, but wondered whether it's possible to set the windows to roll up and down using the fob?

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
Convenience/Summer opening function. Hold the fob close to and pointing at the little black 'window' in the driver's door handle. Press and hold the the Open button on the fob.

If you're lucky the windows will open.....

It's not a very reliable function.

OP
OP
S

stvnshrmptn

Thanks for the replies.

It seems there isn't a 'black window' on the B Class. I've tried holding the fob close to the handle .. no joy!

Quite surprised, as this has worked on every car I've owned since about 2003!

OP
OP
S

stvnshrmptn

Slight update ... holing down the 'air recirculate' button opens all / closes all windows. Seems as though it's not possible using the fob though.

Dec

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180,A.
That's unusual, even my 20 year old W202 can do it with the remote.
Is your door handle Black in colour, may not be easy to see the window sensor if handle is Black?

Dec

PobodY

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK350 Sport
I have to have my fob touching the door and be quite persistent for it to work, but it does work on mine.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
Slight update ... holing down the 'air recirculate' button opens all / closes all windows. Seems as though it's not possible using the fob though.
If you can do this you should be able to use the fob as described but as said, it's very temperamental....

What year is your car?

OP
OP
S

stvnshrmptn

That's unusual, even my 20 year old W202 can do it with the remote.
Is your door handle Black in colour, may not be easy to see the window sensor if handle is Black?

Dec
It's grey, definately no black window. A neighbor has a 2012 C250, just had a look on his and it's clear as day. Very strange.

Codger49

MB Enthusiast
Car
W209 CLK500, W168 A190; E46 325i; SPA2 XC60
^^^ +1

My CLK has the little 'window' on the door handle, but I have only managed to get the key fob convenience windows open/close to work twice in two years.

Dickie Fix

Car
B200 CDI SE Executive Auto (W246)
Nope, recirc button doesn't do anything like that on my B Class (a W246 built Feb 15). And no black window on the door handle (it's a white car). Sounds a useful function to have - especially with the weather we're currently having!

Dec

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180,A.
Pages 76 & 77 here… https://www.carmanualsonline.info/mercedes-benz-b-class-2017-w246-owner-s-manual/8

Page 77 mentions, with picture, “Touch recessed sensor surface (1) on door handle until the side windows are fully closed”
Note there is no sensor window beside the keyhole.

According to this manual, whatever version of keyless-go you have should work.

Dec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom