b***ger - missed this by a pound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536415774&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

damn damn damn damn damn.....

6.9 litre V8 in a rusty worthless chassis - ooooooh soooooo perfect for the drag car project... put in a bid for 751 quid - it sold for 756.
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh. how often do you see 6.9's for sale - let alone one thats ok to scrap? never. i swore loike a bloody trooper whn i lost this one.

</rant>

aaaaaaaaaah but you may not really have lost it by a pound - perhaps the other bidder had put in a much higher bid and that's as far as eBay's auto bid took it - ie just far enough to outbid you.

You never know whether you are bidding against man or machine - agreed it's really annoying when you really want something

Andy

guydewdney said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536415774&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

damn damn damn damn damn.....

6.9 litre V8 in a rusty worthless chassis - ooooooh soooooo perfect for the drag car project... put in a bid for 751 quid - it sold for 756.
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh. how often do you see 6.9's for sale - let alone one thats ok to scrap? never. i swore loike a bloody trooper whn i lost this one.

</rant>

So what force of nature prevented you from bidding 2000 pounds and taking it on the chin ?

Feel sorry for you Guy - but I suppose you never know how much you really missed it by - who knows how much that guy bid?

Might be worth 'contacting' the seller though? That guy is a last minute bidder and is from the Netherlands - if the seller has any trouble dealing with him you may be lucky?!? :) ;)

Cheers,

Will

Will said:
Feel sorry for you Guy - but I suppose you never know how much you really missed it by - who knows how much that guy bid?

Might be worth 'contacting' the seller though? That guy is a last minute bidder and is from the Netherlands - if the seller has any trouble dealing with him you may be lucky?!? :) ;)

Cheers,

Will

Yes we all know about those trouble makers from the Netherlands :D

Guy - shame but that that's how auctions work and has been said - how much really did you lose it by? If £751 was the most you were willing to pay then albeit only a fiver more was more than it was worth to you :rolleyes:

pammy said:
Guy - shame but that that's how auctions work and has been said - how much really did you lose it by? If £751 was the most you were willing to pay then albeit only a fiver more was more than it was worth to you :rolleyes:
Possibly also the car will now be lovingly restored &c &c and not end its days on the banger racing circuits or whatever other undignified fate might have met it

Guy I know how you must be feeling, I lost a W124 by £10, never mind there is always another bargain around the corner.

have contacted both buyer and seller...

and the winnign bid was put in a few seconds before the sale end = bidding machine thingy... git.

oh well - back tot he original 4.5 litre V8 with bike carbs (that i have won for a tenner a set... :D )

6.9 litre V8? Wow! Sorry you missed it chap :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom