'B' part no. lookup query!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Can any kind person tell me what the difference between these part numbers is:

B6 6 47 0061
B6 6 47 0084

I have EPC/WIS/PL59 but none recognise the above numbers.

Many thanks! :)

Do you know what they are? Helps when trying to find out more info :)

Also your stealership parts counter could tell you in seconds.

Sorry, thought some folks could search directly on part number. They're the two codes I've seen quoted for Ceginus style 17" wheels. There's a single one for sale on eBay, trying to find out whether it's the same as I have on my car or not. I'm guessing two different surface finishes (sprayed, polished?) but could be anything (e.g. different widths).

I'm not in a position to take a wheel off my car and look for a part number stamped on it, at the moment!

BTB 500 said:
Can any kind person tell me what the difference between these part numbers is:

B6 6 47 0061
B6 6 47 0084

I have EPC/WIS/PL59 but none recognise the above numbers.

Many thanks! :)

The difference is 23 :D

and the answer 47 :D (now where did I leave those mice?)

BTB 500 said:
I'm not in a position to take a wheel off my car and look for a part number stamped on it, at the moment!
That's easier than the other option I was going to suggest:

Order both parts from the parts counter and compare the results. Post your findings won't you? :)

I love playing part number lottery. Could be the differential off a g-wagen, could be the bodyshell off an e-class. Who knows? :)

Shude said:
Could be the differential off a g-wagen, could be the bodyshell off an e-class.

Nope ... it definitely looks like a wheel to me :)

Ian B Walker said:
and the answer 47 :D (now where did I leave those mice?)

Wasn't it 42 ??

B66470061 = £215.97 + VAT
B66470081 = £238.31 + VAT

The cheaper will be the two front wheels, the dearer will be the two rears, which will be around one inch wider. Looking at warehouse stocks, you may struggle to buy the rears from a dealer for a couple of months.

Many thanks.

With an inspection mirror and a torch I've managed to get the details of the wheels on my car. They're all the same - part number of 124 401 17 02, and marked 8 1/4 J x 17 H2 ET34 (made in Italy!).

The eBay wheel appears identical to mine and is also 8.25 J x 17 H2 ET34. But it has a quoted part number of B6 6 47 0061. It's described as "Sterling Silver", and mine do have a silver lacquer finish.

Decisions, decisions ...

Shude said:
Post your findings won't you? :)

Well the wheel turned up today, looks like a perfect match so hopefully a happy ending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom