B pillar trims (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I have bought and returned a set of Sport Carbon Fibre effect B pillar trims because they weren't in good enough nick. Now I'm wondering has anyone taken off the B pillar trim and used Carbon Fibre film to cover the boring trim??

Comments please

R2D2 said:
I have bought and returned a set of Sport Carbon Fibre effect B pillar trims because they weren't in good enough nick. Now I'm wondering has anyone taken off the B pillar trim and used Carbon Fibre film to cover the boring trim??

Comments please

No, but would you happen to have the part numbers for those bits of trim? I need to replace mine, as someone has been a bit keen with the t-cut and rubbed off the carbon effect on my car :rolleyes:

My mate did it on his C180 classic estate and it looked like it was meant to be :cool:

McGreggor said:
No, but would you happen to have the part numbers for those bits of trim? I need to replace mine, as someone has been a bit keen with the t-cut and rubbed off the carbon effect on my car :rolleyes:

Sorry I've not got the numbers but I think they cost about £40 each!(?)

pluggers said:
My mate did it on his C180 classic estate and it looked like it was meant to be :cool:

Any chance of a photo of his handiwork and can you find out which film he used?

Cheers Sym. I feel a mod coming on..........

R2D2 said:
Any chance of a photo of his handiwork and can you find out which film he used?

He sold his car not long ago.But the carnoisseur stuff looks similar,He probably bought it from halfords.I wont see him till next week as im still on holiday,I shall ask him then unless your sorted before then . ;)

It doesn't look like the foliatec stuff tho.

Could someone with Sport trims post a photo of them ASAP so that I can see how the trim should look when finished. Cheers Guys

happy to take picture but can't post pic since I have no web space .. I can't get my dial pipex web storage to work. PM me if you want me to e-mail pic to you. and tell me exactly what you want pics of.

C240Sport97 said:
happy to take picture but can't post pic since I have no web space .. I can't get my dial pipex web storage to work. PM me if you want me to e-mail pic to you. and tell me exactly what you want pics of.

Thanks very much indeed, watch this space............

R2D2 said:
Thanks very much indeed, watch this space............

R2D2 let me know how you get on. I was thinking of doing the same :)

pre facelift sport trim

<EDIT> just put a better pic on which shows it better.Might put a better one on tomorrow as its still not brill.

Last edited:
I didnt realise there was a difference. Now Ive got a choice!

Just confirming but it looks in the pictures as if the carbon effect doesnt go over the edge, ie the sides of the trim are black and only the facing is covered. Can someone check please? TA

Its just on the face only nothing around the sides.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 62
Thanks Pluggers. That was very kind of you to do the pics again , Cheers!

I've looked around this morning for the carbon fibre sheets and so for Ive only found Foliotecs interior wood and carbon films which look great, and one sheet of carbon which was too small. I'll keep looking.

These look similar to the ones on the W210 Avantgarde. Do you know if I can buy the genuine part for the W210 to fit to my Elegance? or will I need another mortgage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom