B Series - Likely discount available?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harveyn

Car
212 E350cdi Estate
A colleague is planning to buy a new B200 Turbo. List is around £30k with extras.
What sort of deal might he hope to get?
There was a 3% finance offer, but that has lapsed.

Many thanks

Have a play with AutoeBid:

www.autoebid.com

The 'reserve price' on there should give a reasonable indication of the minimum discount you should be looking for.

A colleague is planning to buy a new B200 Turbo. List is around £30k with extras.

Many thanks

There is a 5.9% offer at the moment........................

However, I'd suggest you speak to your colleague and mention that 30k is an awful lot to pay for a B class. The B200 turbo is the most heavily depreciating model in the line up and really isnt worth 30K. You can get a C55 for that money!

The most sought after model for resale value is the B180CDI with a few extra's on it. He/she should be able to get one for about 10k less and it will depreciate far more slowly than the B200 turbo!

If you colleague is set on a B200 turbo then he/she should be able to negotiate a substantial discount on a pre-registered one. Mercedes Bromly/Croydon have a fully specced one that they cant shift so it might be worth a silly offer!

My father in law has just purchased a B-class 180 diesel with 6k-miles from MB Direct for a good price - may be worth checking out their website.

Incidentally would recommend parking sensors if you can get them - the front of the car is completely invisible from the drivers seat.

Many thanks
What Car magazine publish a 'Target Price' for all makes and models every month. And guarantee that if you cannot get your dealer to match it, they will give you the name of someone who will. List is £23,060 and the Target £21,780.
I had the B200 cdi and that was a very good car. The 0-62 time was 9.6 secs, with the auto box, which for the size of car felt just about right. Great economy. Of course demo cars are cheaper, as are 1 year old ones, but if your friend wants the pleasure of brand new -and can afford the cost- it is an amazingly roomy car and a good drive. It is a much better ride without the sport suspension and without big wheels -but that's true of most cars.

Yikes!

You get a good choice of interesting E's in the range from new/newish (E200/220) to 2 years old (E500!) for that kind of money.

The current E220 looks like a great package compared with the old one and MB are doing deals on them.

My mum has just bought a new B170. Nice car actually and suprisingly roomy, not that bad looking either. She ended up getting about 8% discount and a few things thrown in for free.
The garage owe me a few favours to say the least and my dad is about to buy a CLS320 CDI so they sorted my mum out rather nicely. According to my dad she keeps going for drives for no reason whatsoever so she must like the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom