B service cabin air filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpytosser

Car
2017 s213 AMG Line Premium Plus +++
Should the cabin filter on a 213 be changed on a b service?
In fact should it have been changed at every b service at least or is it year based?

Car went in for a service yesterday and it's clearly not been done date code on filter is 170112 so it's never been done car is a march 2017 one

Should the cabin filter on a 213 be changed on a b service?
In fact should it have been changed at every b service at least or is it year based?

Car went in for a service yesterday and it's clearly not been done date code on filter is 170112 so it's never been done car is a march 2017 one
I would have thought every 2 years as you say buddy , have you been charged for it in the past ?

Is the cabin air filter the one in the passenger footwell, I ask because I had a b service around 3 weeks ago, on the service sheet it says dust filter changed, which is in the engine compartment, but they also worked in the footwell area, I know this because they forgot to re connect the footwell light, so I am assuming they also changed the filter there, so what would the filter in the footwell be called.

Sounds like they did both if the light was disconnected they do that to remove the panel. So you can sleep at night lift the bonnet and flip the clips on the other filter it should be nice and clean if they had done it, it will only take you 2 minutes. Only trust the person you see in the mirror, but they sound ok, i would have thought if they was going to skip one it would be the footwell.

Yes I did the check in the engine compartment, and it’s definitely new, yes i found out it’s a bit awkward re connecting the light, so if they were to skip one, it would definitely be that one, just did some research, the one in the footwell is called activated charcoal combination filter, this is also scheduled for change every 2 years, surprise they don’t itemise that on DSS, they just state dust filter, which I guess technically they both are.

Don't worry if they can charge you more they will. :D Who are you using so we know who's doing a good job. :thumb:

MB Brooklands, this is the first time in the last 11 years of merc ownership I have used a dealer for servicing. Apart from the the technician not reconnecting the footwell light, which caused problems with my ambient lighting until I spotted it, and reconnected it myself, it was a good first experience. I was on the service plan though.

I would have thought every 2 years as you say buddy , have you been charged for it in the past ?
Car was new to me in December so this is the first one under my ownership. The checklist states that cabin filter is stated on the checklist as being replaced but no charge for one and I just noticed oil isn't marked as being changed but have been charged for that

I think there's a 'dust filter' and a separate 'activated charcoal filter' on this model. One is in the engine bay, the other in the footwell inside the cabin. One is included in the Service B cost, the other is not.

I think there's a 'dust filter' and a separate 'activated charcoal filter' on this model. One is in the engine bay, the other in the footwell inside the cabin. One is included in the Service B cost, the other is not.
Dust filter as far as I'm aware is the engine air filter and that looks like it was changed. The cabin one above the battery is the one I'm on about

I’m sure the dust filter is the one above the battery and /or the one in the footwell. I say this as on my recent service on the service sheet given to me, it says dust filter replaced, and both the footwell and the one above battery have been replaced. The air filter is called air filter.

on the dsr it states Dust filter replaced

on the esr it states
service 3 at every service
engine: change oil and oil filter
this isnt ticked so was the oil change done ?

every 15k/2 years
replace dust filter this is ticked

service b
Interior
replace activated charcole particle filter
that has a tick against it
(i know this hasnt been done )

the invoice has fine particle filter listed at £38.70 part no a2058350147/64 and that come up as the cabin air filter with i look on benzcat

this is the under bonnet one is listed as dust filter
dustfilter.JPG

this is what it list for the part number on the invoice as fine particle filter
fine particle filter.JPG

so it seems there are 2 filters ! one under the dash and the one in the engine bay

so as i put it incorrectly above dust filter hasnt been changed but the particle filter has. ive called the dealer twice now and no call back

Who's doing your service Grumpy t, if there not doing it right let us know so we can keep up to date on who's good and who's not., and who we have to double check.

Who's doing your service Grumpy t, if there not doing it right let us know so we can keep up to date on who's good and who's not., and who we have to double check.
i will update once its been sorted/explained by them i have to take it back in on saturday i dont feel its fair to blame them if i cant prove they havent done anything wrong

Right dust filters now been done they assure me oil has been changed. It does kinda look like the dust filter isn't replaced routinely even though it comes up as needing done every 2 years on the ess. Back in next week for all the software updating

I think we've worked-out that there are two filters, one in the engine bay and one inside the cabin. One is replaced as part of the B Service, the other chargeable as additional item.

So which of the two filters did they change while they had the car for the B Service last Saturday?

And which of the two filters did they replace today, after you complained?

And were you charged for a filter change at any point - now, or earlier during the B Service?

They changed the charcoal filter the one in dash and charged for that. Today the did the dust filter above the battery. my issue was they ticked that they had done both and hadn't ticked the fact they had changed the oil. If it's optional then surely I should get offered the chance to have it but it wasn't even an option on the service booking form on the Mercedes website

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom