B Service Overdue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattyv33

Car
2001 W220 S500
Hi All,

Just wondering if somebody could advise if there are any guides on how to change the oil and filter on my W210 E320 CDI 2001?

I had the ATF/ gasket and sump changed a few days ago so I am I right in thinking I need to change all the fluids and filters on my car to complete this service?

The brake discs/ pads are newish so are fine.

Thanks for your help - I have searched but not found the answer I need...

Last edited:
B service consists of oil and filter change, plus cabin filter.

All other times are time and/or mileage based, and are not part of the A or B service. these include:

Air filter change, fuel filter change, spark plugs change (petrol only), coolant change, brake fluid change, ATF and filter change.

The B-Service involves several checks, but parts-wise it is only oil, oil filter, and cabin filter - anything else is extra and as said will depend on mileage and/or time lapsed since last replaced.

Thanks for your answer - the car has done 98000 miles so I will check the service history - I might just do the oil and filter for now and do the rest at the end of June.

Going on a 600 mile drive to France in it next month so want to at least change the oil and filter, plus the ATF has been changed so I guess they are the main two bits.

Is there a guide on how to change the oil?

Thanks,

Matt

National tyres do an oil and filter change for about £58 using mobil , and I doubt you can buy the stuff for that!

If you need a guide to changing oil should you really be doing it?

Essentially there are 2 ways of doing it. Use an oil extractor to suck it out or the "old fashined way" of dropping it through the sump.

This video will give you the general idea though, you can get the filter removal tools from Halfords...

[YOUTUBE]Ga-n6qvuqbg[/YOUTUBE]

I would change the air filter before going to France - or at least remove it, clean and check it's condition - a partially clogged air filter will cost dearly in low mpg. Should not be a difficult or expensive job.

Ideally this would go for the fuel filter as well, though this one is usually a bit more difficult to get to.

Thanks for your help people - I have changed oil on my other cars and wondered if it was anymore complicated being a Merc.

I'll look into the air and fuel filter too!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom