B Service... whats involved>??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paultredgett

Car
Merc e320 w210 cdi estate.
E320 CDi Estate,

I brought this car needing a new mot (done...2 tyres) and 5,000 miles over a B service interval.
I have changed the engine oil, oil filter, diesel filter, air filter.
I have visually/manually checked brakes, fluids throughout.
Can anyone tell me what else the B servive entails as the service book does not make much sense to me! ??

The car has done 194,000 miles:bannana:.

Thanks,
Paul.

Hi,if you put your cars details into ESS(mercedes electronic service sheet)it will bring up a list of service items/checks-hope that helps.

The web address is lite.servicemercedes.co.uk(then click on ess & enter cars details).

No probs.

Hi Steve,

I have done everything listed on the B service except I am not sure if the V belt needs changing, it looks ok.....what damage can be done if it snaps ??
I also put Q8 fully synthetic oil in when I changed the oil....any ideas if that is ok? should be as it cost a mint!

Hi Steve,

I have done everything listed on the B service except I am not sure if the V belt needs changing, it looks ok.....what damage can be done if it snaps ??
I also put Q8 fully synthetic oil in when I changed the oil....any ideas if that is ok? should be as it cost a mint!

V-belt should come up(if required) on ess if you've put the cars reg date/mileage,i don't think they're too expensive if you know how to/want to change it anyway,not sure about the oil you used but check the spec in your owners manual/service book & see if it matches.

Yep the oil checks out equal to spec, just a bit worried about the v belt as it was serviced up to 146k by MB and then a bentley dealer in sheffield after that up to 190,000 miles, obviously everything looks very good....even mint! but I have no history of belts etc?
thanks

Yep the oil checks out equal to spec, just a bit worried about the v belt as it was serviced up to 146k by MB and then a bentley dealer in sheffield after that up to 190,000 miles, obviously everything looks very good....even mint! but I have no history of belts etc?
thanks

Get it changed if it's going to play on your mind(better safe than sorry),good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom