B service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Anyone got any idea how long a B service should take? What's changed etc?
Cheers

Cheers

I'm expecting to pay around £300 is this about right?

clk320x said:
I'm expecting to pay around £300 is this about right?

Seems alright for a B service, take it to an independent though and it'll be cheaper

Hi, i have been quoted the same amount from my indy, this included a new fuel pump as well.

Hi, i have been quoted the same amount from my indy, this included a new fuel pump as well.

Seems very reasonable!

Think MB main dealers charge £275 for an A service and £375 for a B service. Brake Fluid £80, rear Diff £110 and gearbox £325 from memory.

Think MB main dealers charge £275 for an A service and £375 for a B service. Brake Fluid £80, rear Diff £110 and gearbox £325 from memory.

That's an average rate yes. how often does the diff oil need changing? Arnt they sealed for life, unless its limited slip or something?

Just keep in mind that with MB, 'Service A' or 'Service B' only ever include an engine oil and filter change, plus some checks (the exception is Service B, which on some models, also includes the Pollen Filter).

Any 'Additional Items' e.g. air filter, fuel filter, brake fluid change, spark plugs, ATF change, etc are quoted separately based on time/mileage and are not linked to any specific A or B service.

I'm going to PCS not sure of price however :)

Good move. PCS Horndean looked after my car for a number of years and I can fault them - highly recommended.

Prices soon rack upwards once you find out what are the additional items on top of the basic B service menu item.

Can easily double the price for some of the major services.

I used a local Indie for mine recently and it was around £200 less than the main dealer, but still £500 with the MOT.

worrying!

I stand corrected:

Good move. PCS Horndean looked after my car for a number of years and I can't fault them - highly recommended.

Thanks guys, will let you know how much it costs tomorrow! ;)

I think I might be eligible for a 10% discount or something being a forum member?

If you just let Olly know that you are a forum member, he will quote prices accordingly.

geraldrobins said:
That's an average rate yes. how often does the diff oil need changing? Arnt they sealed for life, unless its limited slip or something?

For Southwest Sytner Group it is. LSD every 2 years, Brake Fluid every 2 also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom