B1 sevice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
Hi chaps,
Bought my SLK 200 on a 14 plate in January, extended the warranty until 2019 at purchase. the car has only done 5700 miles, yes that's right, bought it with only 1700 or so on the clock. It now needs a B1 service, whatever that is and the stealership wants £500 for doing it. Seems a bit expensive when most of the items on the service are checks and they even invoice separately for updating your first aid kit! What would you suggest? go to an indi and get them to use genuine parts? Is it right that indis can update the electronic service record?

Got my E350 booked into a recommended indi (Star Reading) for a B1, MB wanted £530, Star say it will be around £300 dependant on parts required. They use MB parts but if something doesnt need changing they don't, unless you want too.

As yours is going on calender by the looks of it, not a lot should require changing, just checking.

Not sure they can update the electronic records though, hopefully someone will let us know, they can do software updates though.

Mine's having a B1 today for £480, just been emailed a video showing the underside check on my car which seems a bit gimmicky. You'll be having a brake fluid change as well. How would you know if there are any software updates?

Hey,
Mine is booked in for a B5 service at staithes garage for £260 stealership tried charging £690 depending where you are these are highly recommended on the forums the are merc approved and only use mercedes parts in Newcastle upon Tyne

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For at least the next three years on your car I'd have the dealership service it. If their prices are too much for you then sign up for a service plan for three years as now is a perfect time, being that it's a B service

B service isn't just 'checks', it consists of other additional needed items by mileage/age. B is a larger service than an A, hence why it makes sense to start a service plan now so that you get two big services and one small service for the same money

If you want to know exactly what goes on at the service simply enter your reg and car details on the service website at mercedes and it will break down the service schedule and items for you

Sad to say but on buying a car at that age range I would overlook it if it didn't have full MBSH, and the price should reflect that also

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom