B180 CDI 1st Service 'extras'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RTaylor

Car
B Class (W246)
Hi All,

My car is due in for its first service in 2 weeks after doing around 10k over 12 months.

The garage phoned me to book it in on a very busy day in work so I wanted them off the phone ASAP so when they asked if I wanted the 'Fuel Injectors' cleaned and the Air Con 'reconditioned with an anti bacterial spray' for £30 extra ( I pay for servicing on their plan ) I said yes thats fine.

In hindsight it seems a scam ? Surely the jets and aircon should be fine

Could I get the same effect with one of those bottles in halfords/supermarket that cost £5 that you tip in fuel tank when filled ?

most garages, these days, are only interested in getting you to chuck your wallet on their counter and say help yourself. Not that I am a total cynic

Not that I use Kwik fit but I like the charge for filling your new tyres up with nitrogen.

Well I phoned them this morning as still no email, spoke to different person who confirmed they dont offer customers the 'extras' personally as they dont think they are good value for customer. She cancelled it off service actions.

Car goes in on friday, will be interesting to see if they find anything that needs doing thats not covered.

Fuel injectors cleaned on a year old car ????? surely not ?????

Well I phoned them this morning as still no email, spoke to different person who confirmed they dont offer customers the 'extras' personally as they dont think they are good value for customer. She cancelled it off service actions.

Bet you they will take a cut though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom