b180 ignition problem

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by baztheblade, Sep 27, 2012.

1. baztheblade

baztheblade New Member

Car:
    MB B180
    Hi,a few weeks ago i switch the engine off at my daughters house and when i came to start it the starter fob would not turn, after a few minutes it did turn and started, i thought i might not have put it in the park position so thought no more about it then tonight it did it again so i lelf it for a while and tried again this time the ignition lights came on but would not turn the engine over,anyhow it did start eventualy but when i got home and switch the engine off and tried to start it would not start again. it seems like an intermitant fault so im wondering if any one else as had this type of problem. thanks for any help.:confused:

2. OP
    OP
    baztheblade

baztheblade New Member

Car:
    MB B180
    For anyone who is interested ive got it sorted now,after having to phone recovery people last week to get me home and having it put in local diagnostics garage for 2days only for them to tell me it needs a new barrel which would be costly and would have to be ordered from mercedes and programmed by them so i decided to try a new fob first, local mercedes dealer quoted £227 so i did a little seach on hear and contacted a company in birmingham called ReplacementMercedesKeys.co.uk and spoke to a chap named ben who came to my house in sheffield and repaired my key for £85.would definetly recomend them for the the service they offer.:thumb::thumb: