B180 Sport (W246) Removed Runs Flats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kwardy

Car
c220
Hi All,

just reaching out to see if anyone else has removed the runs flats of there B Class .

plus the road noise is some much quieter and now it doesn't seem to thud over bumps etc:thumb:

Have not done so yet on my B200 Sport but I am thinking of replacing the run flats when they need to be renewed this year some time. So I should also be grateful to hear of others' experience, suggestions, advice etc. It's encouraging to hear that noise levels have dropped and the ride has improved!

Interesting, I have a W245 and have just put runflats on and think the ride is better:dk: strange world. :D:D I have put on Goodyear NCT5's, it maybe the tyre and not the generic

Interesting, I have a W245 and have just put runflats on and think the ride is better:dk: strange world. :D:D I have put on Goodyear NCT5's, it maybe the tyre and not the generic

If your W245 is an SE and not a sport then it could be the suspension that allows you a reasonable ride with run flats.

If your W245 is an SE and not a sport then it could be the suspension that allows you a reasonable ride with run flats.

No, it's a sport running 17" wheels. At 33psi, I wouldn't have thought there was much sidewall deflection in non runflats anyway

Have not done so yet on my B200 Sport but I am thinking of replacing the run flats when they need to be renewed this year some time. So I should also be grateful to hear of others' experience, suggestions, advice etc. It's encouraging to hear that noise levels have dropped and the ride has improved!

Makes the ride so much better no more thuds

road noise drops by half .

haven't pushed massive hard into a corner yet (as its the family car ;))

i've fitted goodyear efficientgrip 225/40/r18 (as i was having 4 x wheels replaced at Merc due to the lacquer peel of the spokes) (tyres not from merc)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom