B180 Transmission fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rainbowgirl55

Car
Mercedes B180 petrol
I have B180 petrol engine, sports version, 2010 reg, automatic, bought brand new and serviced religiously every year at MB. Nothing much wrong with it until March when I got "Transmission fault, contact the workshop" on my display. I stopped the car, restarted the engine and it worked fine. The error came back a few days later, I called MB Road Assistance and they ran diagnostics, tested the car, but couldn't replicate the fault and cleared it off. I forgot all about it until 5 days ago when the fault came back. It happens only in lower gears and reverse and it has not stalled when that happens. I took the car to MB workshop and they told me it might be ECU only or it might be the back of the gearbox as well. Needless to say, the bill is just not worth paying either way with MB. I am totally disappointed. Their maintenance program is clearly not good enough to prevent breakdowns. I found an independent garage who told me over the phone that it is most likely just the ECU and they could repair it for a third of the price. Anybody knows if this is worth repairing and how serious is it? Many thanks for any words of advice you can give me.

I have B180 petrol engine, sports version, 2010 reg, automatic, bought brand new and serviced religiously every year at MB. Nothing much wrong with it until March when I got "Transmission fault, contact the workshop" on my display. I stopped the car, restarted the engine and it worked fine. The error came back a few days later, I called MB Road Assistance and they ran diagnostics, tested the car, but couldn't replicate the fault and cleared it off. I forgot all about it until 5 days ago when the fault came back. It happens only in lower gears and reverse and it has not stalled when that happens. I took the car to MB workshop and they told me it might be ECU only or it might be the back of the gearbox as well. Needless to say, the bill is just not worth paying either way with MB. I am totally disappointed. Their maintenance program is clearly not good enough to prevent breakdowns. I found an independent garage who told me over the phone that it is most likely just the ECU and they could repair it for a third of the price. Anybody knows if this is worth repairing and how serious is it? Many thanks for any words of advice you can give me.
Give Ian at Star Mercedes Independent , Reading , a call buddy

Sorry , just realised you are a Lady , so I’m not sure “buddy” is appropriate :rolleyes:

Speak to Forrera - he'll tell you exactly what's wrong and how it can be fixed.
His experience with 168/169/245 is unparalleled, can't recommend him high enough.

Sorry , just realised you are a Lady , so I’m not sure “buddy” is appropriate :rolleyes:
I was wondering why the buddy? Now, it's all clear :) I forgive you. Thank you for the recommendation. I will give them a call tomorrow . The website looks excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom