B180 (w246) 62 plate only seem to have 1 tail pipe 12 plate upwards have 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kwardy

Car
c220
HI All,

Been looking at buying a B180 W246 62 plate

But noticed this version only has 1 tail pipe (on left hand side ) can this be changed to twin pipe version (which has one pipe on each side of the car) as seen on 12 plate upwards..

if so whats needed ??

Last edited:
May have some thing to do with engine revisions that occurred around that time?
B-Class Lower fuel consumption, higher levels of traction
The new entry-level diesel model is the B 160 CDI producing 66 kW (90 hp). Fitted with a six-speed manual transmission, this model features an NEDC combined consumption of 4.1 litres of diesel per 100 km and achieves a CO2 level of 108 g/km. The B 160 CDI will be available from September.
In the case of the B 180 CDI, from June the vehicle's previous 1796 cc engine is being replaced by a four-cylinder diesel engine with a displacement of 1461 cc. Its output remains unchanged at 80 kW (109 hp), while its consumption has been reduced from 4.4 to 4.1 l/100 km.
In the case of the B 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Edition (available from September), it has been possible to reduce consumption even further by seven percent to 3.8 litres of diesel per 100 km or 98 g CO2/km. The additional aerodynamic optimisation measures include for example the partial covering of the top part of the radiator grille, aerodynamically shaped spring link covers and lowering of the suspension. The manual transmission has also been revised and now has a longer ratio in the upper gears. The B 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Edition is rated in efficiency class A+.

from
Six new models join the A, B and CLA-Class: New engines and more traction | Daimler Global Media Site > Brands & Products > Mercedes-Benz Cars > Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars > A-Class > as of 03/2012

I can confirm that the B246.212 MODEL with the OM607.951 motor has a single exhaust outlet.
The later B246 MODEL with the OM651 motor ----not sure have to check again

Last edited:
Only 180 model I can track down with a twin exhaust around that time is the M270 petrol engine sorry.

Might this be related to trim level rather than engine type?

SE 1, Sport/AMG 2

Entry-level SE models get 16-inch alloys, while Sport versions get 17-inch alloys, extra chrome detailing and twin exhaust pipes. The new AMG Line tops the range and adds a AMG body styling for the front and rear bumpers, 18-inch wheels and sits lower due to sportier suspension.

With the possibility that entry level models may be blinged up with various "packs" or wheels or that the adverts are not exactly precise about the model they are selling might be the explanation?

Read more: Mercedes B-Class Review | Auto Express

Last edited:
See below

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for Info.

Bought the car today (with only on tail pipe)

next mission is to see how we can make it have 2

^ These guys can give you the extra exhaust pipe. But it may mean cutting your rear valance to enable fitting. Difficult to do neatly I would think.

Home | Torqueflow Bespoke Performance Exhaust Systems in Birmingham, Midlands

I you do decide to pursue this, ask for Imran.

Yes, you might need a new valance to make it a really neat job. I wonder if it's worth the cost and effort, particularly if you are just looking for a cosmetic modification? The single tail pipe has a significantly larger bore than each of the two pipes and should be appropriately balanced with the engine.

Update i now have the rear valance with both outlets (sat in garage)..

just need the weekend to get under the car to look at what is next stage

Long time since ive been on here but thought i would show everyone the rear valance that never got fitted as one month after i posted the info request. someone ran into the back and and i never fitted the painted rear valance and its sat in the loft covered up.

Looking to move this on as it seems a waste just sat in the loft.
trim

nnU1Jw

Hi did you ever establish if you can retro fit a dual exhaust? I’m have a 2012 single exhaust and would love to “upgrade”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom