B200 AMG brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tsp

Car
B200 Amg
Hi all,

New to this club.

I have a 2016 B200 Amg that’s now covered 60k miles. The front discs and pads are due for replacement. I figure 2 options here;

1. Replace with brembo pads and discs.. £130 for parts from Car parts for less
2. Original Mercedes parts quoted at £180

I’ve heard a few say brembo produce too much dust lately and until hot can squeal etc. is this the case? If so is the best option to fit originals? Does anyone know who makes the originals now? Thanks

Hi all,

New to this club.

I have a 2016 B200 Amg that’s now covered 60k miles. The front discs and pads are due for replacement. I figure 2 options here;

1. Replace with brembo pads and discs.. £130 for parts from Car parts for less
2. Original Mercedes parts quoted at £180

I’ve heard a few say brembo produce too much dust lately and until hot can squeal etc. is this the case? If so is the best option to fit originals? Does anyone know who makes the originals now? Thanks
Several manufacturers will be making brake parts for Mercedes (to the same spec), so it just depends what you fall on, it’s fairy likely that they will be Brembo though if if you buy from a Mercedes parts counter.

If buying aftermarket I would only consider Brembo from a reputable retailer (due to fakes), but to £180 from a main dealer seems fair value so it just depends how much you want to save £50 difference.

I personally wouldn’t consider other cheaper options even though they would probably be fine if sticking to well-known names, but you need to make sure you have the slow to match the go on an AMG.

Both prices seem really good value for an AMG though, I hear scare stories of expensive parts prices but clearly that’s not always the case.

Several manufacturers will be making brake parts for Mercedes (to the same spec), so it just depends what you fall on, it’s fairy likely that they will be Brembo though if if you buy from a Mercedes parts counter.

If buying aftermarket I would only consider Brembo from a reputable retailer (due to fakes), but to £180 from a main dealer seems fair value so it just depends how much you want to save £50 difference.

I personally wouldn’t consider other cheaper options even though they would probably be fine if sticking to well-known names, but you need to make sure you have the slow to match the go on an AMG.

Both prices seem really good value for an AMG though, I hear scare stories of expensive parts prices but clearly that’s not always the case.
Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll play safe and go with merc originals. Thanks.

Both prices seem really good value for an AMG though
, I hear scare stories of expensive parts prices but clearly that’s not always the case.
Robert, you are a bad man🤣

I would buy the parts from Mercedes too, you will get the correct items and they will fit.

Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll play safe and go with merc originals. Thanks.
Mercedes are fairly competitive on brake parts prices. You could ask the main dealer whether they’ll price match, it’s been known that some dealers will. If they say no then they Collin that you’d really like to buy from them, but £50 is a too big a difference to ignore, and ask if they could give you a discount to get the price closer.

The other thing you could try is contacting Mercedes-Benz of Newcastle and Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh through eBay, both offer some serious discounts, so worth trying them before asking your local main dealer to price match, as you know what price they “could” do if they wanted to ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom