B200 Turbo Audio System Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roheel

Hi All,

Really stuck at the moment.

My B200 has the standard Audio 20 unit with CD changer in the glove box. In addition to this i have a Sub in the spare wheel.

Now everyone says you have the HK system, but i see no HK badges on the speaker grills to indicate this.

I am trying to get a Parrot kit fitted but fitters are reluctant to fit one as they say you cant due to having the HK system and audio streaming from the Parrot kit wont work.

I have checked the build sheet and it shows the car is fitted with Power Sound but there is no mention of HK.

Any advice?

Cheers

You probably have option 532, if thats the case you'll be fine, it doesn't have a fibre connected amplifier like HK does, so the speaker wires are connected to the stereo

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard. So can you advise the correct SOT I need to fit the kit? Will I still get sound via the sub?

Hi Richard. So can you advise the correct SOT I need to fit the kit? Will I still get sound via the sub?

Yes you'll get sound from the sub, it is wired to the speakers (and feeds your centre speaker too). I don't know the SOT though

R

HI Richard. As a test I unplugged the sub with fade front and back on the speakers. The bass still works after I plugged it in. If it's coming off the speakers is it all? Not front or rear?

HI Richard. As a test I unplugged the sub with fade front and back on the speakers. The bass still works after I plugged it in. If it's coming off the speakers is it all? Not front or rear?

According to wiring diagrams it connects to all the speakers, and generates the bass and front centre speaker output

R

Thats a great help Richard!!! The standard SOT will work then!

Hi All,

Really stuck at the moment.

My B200 has the standard Audio 20 unit with CD changer in the glove box. In addition to this i have a Sub in the spare wheel.

Now everyone says you have the HK system, but i see no HK badges on the speaker grills to indicate this.

I am trying to get a Parrot kit fitted but fitters are reluctant to fit one as they say you cant due to having the HK system and audio streaming from the Parrot kit wont work.

I have checked the build sheet and it shows the car is fitted with Power Sound but there is no mention of HK.

Any advice?

Cheers

Yes you have option 532 which was a sound upgrade but not HK. I had the same on a B170 some years ago.

Hi Alfie, yes and i love it. Great sound from a small system. Just need to find someone who will fit the Parrot kit

Hi Alfie, yes and i love it. Great sound from a small system. Just need to find someone who will fit the Parrot kit

Thats really easy in a W169/W245 A/B class.

Why dont you do it yourself?

i try to steer away from car electrics :(

You wont need to do any cutting or splicing with the SOT lead.

If you bring it to us we can fit it all for you if you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom