B200 what are your opinions please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi all. I am seriously thinking of replacing my Chrysler Grand Voyager with a B200 Mercedes.
Please can you let me know your thoughts on this car as well as any pitfalls.
TIA

Keith

Had ours from new and it's now coming up to 4 years old. It has been reliable, good on fuel and cheap to run (£20 road tax and gp16 insurance). On a motorway run we get mid-60's to the gallon at a steady 70mph and even towing our tin box we seldom get less than 35. It's comfortable, handles well for an MPV and there's plenty of load space in the back. Ours is an SE which means softer suspension and larger tyres and we also opted for a light grey interior rather than the usual black because it made the cabin much more light and airy. Toys are good as well: reversing camera, folding mirrors and folding (factory fitted) towbar are all worth the money. It can park itself, but we don't use it as it's quicker to do it yourself, especially in a busy car park. If you're looking at a new one, the new model is just about to hit the showrooms, so there could be some excellent deals around on the current model. If pre-owned, go for a 15/16 W246 that has the DCT rather than the earlier W245 with the CVT. Hope this helps.

Ours is an SE which means softer suspension and larger tyres
I've only driven a couple of B-Class cars as loan vehicles, one an SE and the other a Sport. I found the SE had a good ride quality / handling balance, while the Sport was crashy and uncomfortable - and I'm used to an E63! - so I'd advise you try both variants.

I had a B180 as a rental car out of Frankfurt airport one time. It seemed pretty well screwed together, if not particularly well equipped, and I can confirm that a B180 will hit 130MPH down a geet big hill on the autobahn..

Cheers,

Gaz

Had our B200 auto for a couple of weeks now, got a fantastic deal as it’s the old model (cheaper than the ex demo models we were looking). Went for the exclusive plus as we wanted comfort over sportiness.
Be aware that if you go for the luxury models you loose the centre armrest on rear rear seat, only the SE gets this, which seems odd. It seems very comfy and is easy to get in and out of. If not standard you might want to invest in front parking sensors as you can’t see the front of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom