B2C Coffee Machine Suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
My Bosch VeroCafe bean-to-cup (B2C) coffee machine bit the dust this past week. Bosch is unique in not providing a repair service for its coffee machines.

For a machine retailing for around £500 this is poor. Fortunately, as it was within their 2 year guarantee period - and they weren't able to provide a direct replacement - John Lewis provided a full refund.

Now, I'm looking for a replacement. I'm gravitating towards a Jura - or a Miele countertop machine (as all my other white goods are Miele).

Subsequently, I'm interested in others' experience on the long term reliability of their coffee machines.

Meanwhile, I'm 'making do' with my 5 year-old Tassimo T85.

I have a few DeLonghi bean to cup machines - one in my office (the second machine I have had there), one at home and one in the caravan.

They are nothing special, but they are cheap and work fine. The old office one died after about 3 years of pretty intensive use. At just under £300 at least throwing a broken one away is less tragic…

Jura make the most impressive machines I've seen, my bet would be on them, especially being Swiss made!

We've had a Jura Ena 5 for a few years now without any problems, and the coffee is great!

An excellent basic B2C machine.

My Jura Z7 lasted 4 years of moderate use. Expensive (and how) to buy and needed regular filter changes and cleaning. The frother, changed once, regularly failed to dispense creamy bubbly milk. The cup warmer with it died after 6 month

Yes the coffee was great but I can't say at all likely to buy another.

We have a Gaggia Synchrony Logic. Its been fixed by them once (very slow with poor CS) and elsewhere once more. But it must be 12 yrs old now and seems ok.
Not cheap but through one of the various outlets it was a good saving on full RRP.
We'd have another when it dies.

Have had a number of various machines over the years both here and across the pond, from ridiculously expensive (as in several thousand dollars) to reasonable ... At the end of the day, you want great coffee, not a marvel of technology - so, about five years ago, I switched to Nespresso and never looked back: personal preference of course, but I say the Arpeggio is the best espresso I ever tasted. Their special editions are pretty fabulous too - I'm enjoying Palermo and Milano this month :thumb:

Have you considered getting one built in?? We have this AEG and I wouldn't be without it.

Attachments

• aeg-nk-coffee-maker-pe4511-m-lr.jpg
    aeg-nk-coffee-maker-pe4511-m-lr.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11
I got my coffee machine 40 years ago. Quite rapid to the boil ,always adds the right amount of milk and sugar . Been advised it would cost me a lot to replace her.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

On Jura machines, criticism primarily focuses on those machines not manufactured in Switzerland. One issue that does concern me with Jura is not being able to remove the Brewer unit for regular maintenance: I've read that this tends to be the main cause of failure in their products.

Of interest, on speaking directly to Miele, their countertop B2C machines are manufactured in the Jura factory. The electronics in these are designed and manufactured by Miele themselves. Unlike Jura, howerver, the Miele machines have a removeable Brewer unit.

Miele will introduce updated machines in October: the CM6110 and CM6310.

One issue that does concern me with Jura is not being able to remove the Brewer unit for regular maintenance: I've read that this tends to be the main cause of failure in their products.

That is what has put mine out of action. It's not cheap to repair and as I decided my morning coffee was more of an addict's fix I replaced it with an aeropress that was an eighth of the repair cost.

Have had a number of various machines over the years both here and across the pond, from ridiculously expensive (as in several thousand dollars) to reasonable ... At the end of the day, you want great coffee, not a marvel of technology - so, about five years ago, I switched to Nespresso and never looked back: personal preference of course, but I say the Arpeggio is the best espresso I ever tasted. Their special editions are pretty fabulous too - I'm enjoying Palermo and Milano this month :thumb:

Although quite happy to grind my own beans and make in a cafetiere, I also have a Nespresso machine in my home office. Been using the Ristretto capsules from Lidl to good effect.

I bought a Saeco in Germany as in the pic, with an exchange rate of 1.4 at the time picked it up for £235 and its brilliant best one I've had. Also believe Costco sell them.

Attachments

• coffee.JPG
    coffee.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 20
I have had a Delonghi Magnifica for 4+ years and it been reliable and makes a nice coffee, my brother is a bigger Coffee fan and has a Jura which he is very happy with and has had for over 5 years.

Costco have a Jura on special at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

On Jura machines, criticism primarily focuses on those machines not manufactured in Switzerland. One issue that does concern me with Jura is not being able to remove the Brewer unit for regular maintenance: I've read that this tends to be the main cause of failure in their products.

Of interest, on speaking directly to Miele, their countertop B2C machines are manufactured in the Jura factory. The electronics in these are designed and manufactured by Miele themselves. Unlike Jura, howerver, the Miele machines have a removeable Brewer unit.

Miele will introduce updated machines in October: the CM6110 and CM6310.

My stove top exploded in my face recently (2 hours with frozen corn saved the day), so need something a little safer. SWMBO's orders!

I like the look of the Miele machines but have read mixed reviews. Like others here our white goods are mostly Miele and have worked faultlessly for years. What did you go for in the end?

Anybody else have a Miele coffee maker?

Edit: Latest Miele outlet list

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom