B7 service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyw

Car
08 E320CDI 1997R E300TD 1984B w123 230E
Any one explain what a B7 service is for a 2012 ML250 @ 55,000 miles and how long would it take to do.

Service B, plus ATF and filter change.

Thanks for letting me add my bit :)

In regards to which numbers come up on your dash when service is due i.e 'B5' , 'A3'. I have a list here of what those bits mean so it makes it easier for me to price up services, hopefully this can help Mercedes owners too!

--- BF = brake fluid. ATF = gearbox oil. Sunroof clean and lubricate obviously only applicable if you have one!

A/B ‘0’ – Sunroof clean and lubricate, sometimes spark plugs if petrol ( it threw me once on an ML63!)

A/B’1’ - BF

A/B ‘2’ – BF + sunroof

A/B ‘3’ – Air + Fuel (diesel) - Petrol = Air + Plugs

A/B ‘4’ – Air + Fuel + sunroof (diesel) – Petrol = Air+Plugs+Roof

A/B ‘5’ – Air + Fuel + BF - Petrol Air+Plugs+BF

A/B ‘6’ – Air + Fuel + BF + sunroof - Petrol Air+Plugs+BF+sunroof

A/B ‘7’ – ATF

A/B ‘8’ – ATF + Sunroof

A/B ‘9’ – ATF + BF

A/B ‘G’ – BF+Air+Fuel+Sunroof+ATF -Petrol Air+Plugs+BF+sunroof+ ATF

This serves me well most of the time but is always worth checking history on the Digital service book if there is no paper book. Sometimes things have been done but either assyst has had a blip or not been updated properly. We had a C63 in yesterday that seems to ask for brake fluid every year!

Hope that helps :). Please don't take it as gospel, this is only something I have created here at work to make my life a bit easier (hopefully!)

Natacha

Which is slightly odd, because your 2012 car should have had the ATF changed last year.

I am thinking, maybe it was done, but the car's ECU wasn't updated correctly?

Also, with your upcoming B service, the ECU should have also included Brake Fluid change.

Do you have the car's full service history to hand? Perhaps it had a couple of extra services due to high mileage in the respective years? Or perhpas whoever carried-out the services did not update the ECU correctly.

Either way... if all previous services were carried-out as they should and the car was correctly updated, then last year your car should have requested A7 service (Service A plus ATF), and this year B1 service (Service B plus brake fluid).

Any one explain what a B7 service is for a 2012 ML250 @ 55,000 miles and how long would it take to do.

B7 = B+ATF

the 'B' part is correct. In regards to the 'base' service, first year service (2013) would have been an A, 2014-B 2015-A 2016-B 2017-A 2018-B. So the 'base' service is right. As Markjay said above, it technically should have had an ATF change last year but may not have done due to lowish mileage. Brake fluid is 2 yearly so should have been done 2014/2016 so in theory should be due this year also, in which case it should have brought up 'B9'. Send me your reg or chassis and Ill have a quick look through the history :)

Natacha

B7 = B+ATF

the 'B' part is correct. In regards to the 'base' service, first year service (2013) would have been an A, 2014-B 2015-A 2016-B 2017-A 2018-B. So the 'base' service is right. As Markjay said above, it technically should have had an ATF change last year but may not have done due to lowish mileage. Brake fluid is 2 yearly so should have been done 2014/2016 so in theory should be due this year also, in which case it should have brought up 'B9'. Send me your reg or chassis and Ill have a quick look through the history :)

Natacha

The ML has been on a service contract from new all service have been carried out when due .
Service indicator came up with B7 service due, booked in with dealer who informed me ATF would be changed on this service
& they require a full day for this service. I saw them take it in the workshop at 8.30 at 11.30 they rang me at home to say it was ready to collect . Can this service be done in 3hrs or have things been missed the only thing I can check is new engine oil.

The ML has been on a service contract from new all service have been carried out when due .
Service indicator came up with B7 service due, booked in with dealer who informed me ATF would be changed on this service
& they require a full day for this service. I saw them take it in the workshop at 8.30 at 11.30 they rang me at home to say it was ready to collect . Can this service be done in 3hrs or have things been missed the only thing I can check is new engine oil.
Needing the car all day is to give them flexibility on when the work is done, rather than it taking a days’s worth of effort to complete. 3 hours is ample time to do it properly.

3 hours is plenty of time for someone experienced and efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom