Baby Car Seat & Easyjet Flight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

I am booking a flight from Edinburgh to Stanstead & i phoned easyjet to ask whether a baby car seat is included in the baggage allowance....

even though their website says this:

Pushchairs, prams and travel cots do not form part of the baggage allowance and therefore no fee will be charged.

the lady on the telephone says that because the baby doesnt have his own seat (ie he will be on my lap) all of the above (pram, pushchair & cot) WILL be part of our allowance.

I dont want to book another seat for the baby as its only a couple of hours & he wont be happy sitting in it for very long so its a bit of a waste of money for such as short flight.

Anyone ever travelled on EasyJet who knows for sure. Took me 20 mins to get to a person on the easyjet customer services line so want to avoid phoning them again if at all possible!!!

i know that when i flew with another airline to another country (not an internal flight) then the carseat, pram and cot all didnt count to our allowance).... but he did have his own seat on that flight (as it was 4.5 hours)

thanks!!

I think I would go by the website. Take a print out with you just incase they try to pull a fast one!

But the website doesn't make sense.

It says they are not part of the allowance, and therefore no fee will be charged
:confused:

I would expect that all the paraphernalia will be included as ticket-holders' baggage (and the baby is not a ticket-holder, so that means you), and that if it takes you overweight, then you will be charged.

You don't get anything for nothing, especially from an airline that charges you for drinking water ;)

PJ

imadoofus said:
But the website doesn't make sense.

It says they are not part of the allowance, and therefore no fee will be charged
:confused:

that does make sense - it means it itsnt part of the allowance; ie you can have max weight allowance in your suitcase(s) and still be able to bring your cot & pram.......... but my original query still remains...

looks like i may have to telephone them again (hopefully get a different advisor) and ask again.....

Ok, fair enough....

Doesn't make sense to me..... :(

PJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom