Baby run over by Train survives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
This is amazing cctv footage of a baby whose pram falls of the platform onto the rails and get hits by an incoming train at Melbourne station. I'm glad the baby is fine but hope they charge the mother with neglect

Full details and footage HERE (Could be disturbing for some!)

This is amazing cctv footage of a baby whose pram falls of the platform onto the rails and get hits by an incoming train at Melbourne station. I'm glad the baby is fine but hope they charge the mother with neglect

Full details and footage HERE (Could be disturbing for some!)

I could'nt watch the footage but I could give that mum a talking to! :mad:

That ground must have some gradient.

edit: just reread this and realised it didn't make full sense. I meant that the ground looked rather steep for the pram to run away so quickly.

Last edited:
The pram did very to take the impact of the fall and being dragged up the track dont you think?

I think the station owners should take some responsibility. The buggy seemed to accelerate to much for my liking.

Alan

I think the station owners should take some responsibility. The buggy seemed to accelerate to much for my liking.

Alan

Probably taken by the wind of the on coming train. Why should station owners take responsibility?, who would be stupid enough not to put the brakes on their stroller before letting go on a platform? and then wanna blame it on someone else? :dk:

Its heart breaking to watch. However I don't blame the mother or the station. Being a new Mom isn't easy and any one is prone to a slight laps. That pram moved so quickly. Just glad it turn out to be a happy ending. However the mother is now probably scared for life even though the infrant is OK. There's only one thought that goes through your mind when you see the clip...

Maybe the kid was actually from the planet Krypton? :dk:Who cares as long as he is all right. WHEW!! :thumb:

To be fair the train is still stationary when she starts crossing - it starts off as soon as she has committed herself and she then speeds up. Had she not made her ground the train driver would have presumably stopped accellerating and braked.

But yes she was ignoring the red light - but compared with the clips at the end of the video it could hardly be classed as a near miss.

The point i was making about the station owners was the obvious slope of the platform towards the track. It should at the very least be level or run uphill towards the track.If you look closely the last 5 feet or so of the platform has been resurfaced,possibly because a newer type of train using that station has a lower floor than the previous trains. Just a thought.

Alan

But yes she was ignoring the red light - but compared with the clips at the end of the video it could hardly be classed as a near miss.

She used something that's gone right out of fashion nowadays - thinking and judgement. I wish more people would, rather than look to other things to do their thinking for them. How many people now walk up to pelican crossings, press the button, and then look to see if anything's coming. Then realizing there was only traffic some way up the road, they cross anyway, leaving drivers to sit looking at a red light and an empty crossing :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom