babyseat - leather seat protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fredT

Car
NO MB :-D , X5, Ducati 748sps, Porsche 996GT2
hola :)

baby due any day now so i'm looking for a something to protect the leather seats from (possible) damage from the baby seat base as it have some semi sharp plasticy bits on it.

the baby will go in the back seat of our c class.

i have looked at the "Sunshine Kids Ultra Mat" and also the "Prince Lionheart - Two Stage Seatsaver", but i dont really like either of them..

does anyone have a suggestion for a safe, functional and more stylish (or not soo ugly..) way of doing this?

cheers

fred

yeah i suppose anything would do really. i was hoping someone on here had a cunning solution to the problem :)

hola :)

baby due any day now so i'm looking for a something to protect the leather seats from (possible) damage from the baby seat base as it have some semi sharp plasticy bits on it.

the baby will go in the back seat of our c class.

i have looked at the "Sunshine Kids Ultra Mat" and also the "Prince Lionheart - Two Stage Seatsaver", but i dont really like either of them..

does anyone have a suggestion for a safe, functional and more stylish (or not soo ugly..) way of doing this?

cheers

fred

Not sure if MB do one but BMW do a nice one that matches the colour of their leather interiors, obviously not car specific so I'd take a look under 5 series accessories on the website.

My nephew uses one in his and it actually matches the black leather perfect you cant even tell its under the seat unless you look closely, wasn't expensive either.

hope that helps

You can purchase these thick rubber mats from Mothercare in the shape of a baby car seat and you put these down before you put the seat on.

Cant remember the exact price but they are about 20 pounds.

Hello

Currently I have two kids seats in my ML and one in my wifes A class.

We bought the 'prpoer' baby gripper thingy from mothercare for her car (grey / or dak black)

For mine I have used on 1 an off cut of carpet and on the other a cheap door mat 99p.

All are as good as each other and once in place you don't see them anyway so academic. They do enable you to get a very good grip on the seats.

What gets me is the seat belts, will they ever be the same again the amount of tension they are under constanly...

i put my baby seat straight onto the leather, no issues at all (and I'm very careful when it comes to my cars).

I wouldn't personally risk it, for the sake of £12.99. I even use them on the seats in the Vito.

I put mine straight onto the leather also and haven't had any problems.

Large fleecy car rug here..

We've found the additional fabric at the sides is good at catching crumbs/raisins etc. which Junior B can produce very rapidly - this will find its way to the lowest creases between the seat and the car and merrily grind away. At least with the rug it stays between plastic and rug and not the leather..

Might be a good idea to remove and reinstall the seat occasionally to allow the leather and foam to spring back..

Ade

When Harris was born last year , we got a Graco infant carrier and two bases : one for each of our cars . The bases were flat underneath and strapped in tightly by the seatbelts - so no worries about damaging the seats .

Now that he is almost 10 months , we have moved up to forward facing seats - Jan has a Hyundai Coupe (with leather) and we got a Recaro 'Young Expert' seat - this seat has two 'runners' underneath which could potentially 'dig in' and mark the leather , so I simply took a large bath towel , folded it over a few times and placed it under the child seat - still 110% secure strapped in tightly by the seatbelts as per instructions , otherwise I wouldn't allow it to be used . We went for the Group 1 (9 months to 4 year) seat in Jan's car as he's in it daily and I expect the seat will be well worn by that time . For my car , which Harris goes in maybe a couple of times a week , I got the Recaro 'Young Sport' seat which is flat-bottomed and sits straight on the leather in my W126 - this is a group 1-3 seat or 9 months to 12 years approx - since it won't get the same amount of use , I reckoned the longer age span would be fine .

Mothercare do a really neat 'Ferrari' child seat : bright red with Ferrari logos on it Ferrari Cosmo - combination car seat : mothercare

Be sure to check the security of fitting on a regular basis .

Best wishes on your imminent arrival .

i bought a rubber mat type thing from Mothercare (i think - may of been kiddicare) - has been excellent and 4 cars - no marks on seats

We use the prince lionheart ones on the designo leather. They are thick & sturdy & discrete black. Also they have cut-aways to enable use of isofix points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom