Back again - C63s Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you. Yes, my current car is black (you can see a detail on my profile pic) but I do think the W205 C63 coupe looks fantastic in grey, yours especially. And a good point about Night Package on a black car. I have the MB Carbon Fibre parts coming on mine, for that reason. But still intrigued about the wider side blades. I didn't see those on options list. Are they body colour or..? Will they work with the CF side skirts?
So many questions!
Mine are the Edition 1 sideblades, they are wider than the standard ones. My installer said the fitted over the top of the originals.

Its an absolute stunner!
I do miss my c63s too. Its been 10 months since I let mine go and I can recall having more childish slidey fun in any car as much as that one.

How does it compare to the M5 30 Jahre which is quite an exclusive piece of kit!
Very different! At the time I bought it I had been looking for a well spec'd M5 F10 or an E63s saloon but the M5 appeared first after quite a while searching for both.

The C63 feels like more of an event every time I get in it, it has a much sportier, more hard core feel to it. The 30 Jahre felt like more of a luxury express barge in comparison, supremely comfortable, epically fast (mid range grunt was incredible but it did have 600 HP!) but it was very quiet in comparison, despite having an Akrapovic exhaust. I think the M5 is a car to have alongside a weekend toy but the C63 covers both bases for me, plus I don't need a 4 door/5 seat car any more. The ceramic brakes were great as it meant the wheels were never caked in brake dust but together with the matt paint meant a lot of cleaning by hand with special products, as I was told acid based cleaning products used by manual car washes would rot the discs and wax-based cleaning products would make the matt paint shiny.

The exclusivity of the 30 Jahre (300 worldwide and 30 in UK) made for very interesting conversations about value at trade-in time as a lot of dealers wouldn't touch it and those that would really struggled to come up with a trade-in price for it. I got there eventually but was far harder than I thought it would be!

So I had the alcantara steering wheel fitted today, done by Royal Steering Wheels. Extremely happy with the result and fantastic service from them.

85645591-BAE8-4-BA5-B2-FC-640-F3-FF864-DF-1-201-a.jpg

Had front end PPF done as plan on keeping the car for a while. Also had remining chrome badges on side and rear changed for black ones. Very happy with the look. All done by Posh Customs on Park Lane who were excellent.

3-A500-D50-3088-4147-9721-3922-C719-BBEC-1-201-a.jpg

C2-F40-FBA-B9-B4-48-CE-A2-B6-705-D8-BD6-ECD5-1-201-a.jpg

Had front end PPF done as plan on keeping the car for a while. Also had remining chrome badges on side and rear changed for black ones. Very happy with the look. All done by Posh Customs on Park Lane who were excellent.

3-A500-D50-3088-4147-9721-3922-C719-BBEC-1-201-a.jpg

C2-F40-FBA-B9-B4-48-CE-A2-B6-705-D8-BD6-ECD5-1-201-a.jpg
Beast !

Very smart looking car. Sounds like you are nearby so maybe we will pass each other one day!

That looks amazing.

Have you changed the rear tyres?
I ask as in the initial photos they looked stretched, but in these later ones, they look a better / proper fit......?

Looks amazing though (bet it sounds it as well!! :cool:)

Thanks all!
Tyres are the same, MPS4S in standard sizes.
Sound is fabulous, providing you like noisy cars!

Thanks all!
Tyres are the same, MPS4S in standard sizes.
Sound is fabulous, providing you like noisy cars!
Due to pick my 2018 C63s up end of next week! I've read the pre facelift sound better than the face lift cars? I've nit heard either tbh so take it as read from your comment 😀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-182608_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-182608_Auto Trader.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 0
Sounds a lot better and even better still with the renntech exhaust valve controller, was one of the first things I bought for my car and worth every penny.

The Renntech module is a fantastic and easy mod. Ordered mine before the car even arrived! It makes a difference to pre and post facelift. Go to 9:20 in the this video for the comparisons, facelift comparison is around 12:30 -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Renntech module is a fantastic and easy mod. Ordered mine before the car even arrived! It makes a difference to pre and post facelift. Go to 9:20 in the this video for the comparisons, facelift comparison is around 12:30 -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Is the module an easy DIY fit?

I have it hard wired into the switch so no extra fobs🙂
I don’t have the button so I just disconnected the valves and used simulators to fool the ecu to think they still connected, best mod I have ever done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom