Back end jumping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yamsa1

Car
c220 cdi sportwagon
I have an s203 and when it hits a grid or a rut the back end jumps out and it moves a few inches. I have had a look at all the bushes and there is hardly any movement in them.The back end is lower than the front tho when you look at it side on.Any suggestions .Do you think it could be the shockers and springs worn .Thanks

Rear anti roll bar/bushes,maybe?

yamsa1 said:
I have an s203 and when it hits a grid or a rut the back end jumps out and it moves a few inches. I have had a look at all the bushes and there is hardly any movement in them.The back end is lower than the front tho when you look at it side on.Any suggestions .Do you think it could be the shockers and springs worn .Thanks[/QUOTE

REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS,had that on my old W203 exactly as you describe and new rear shock absorbers totally cured it. Change the springs aswell if they are rusty

yamsa1 said:
I have an s203 and when it hits a grid or a rut the back end jumps out and it moves a few inches. I have had a look at all the bushes and there is hardly any movement in them.The back end is lower than the front tho when you look at it side on.Any suggestions .Do you think it could be the shockers and springs worn .Thanks[/QUOTE

REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS,had that on my old W203 exactly as you describe and new rear shock absorbers totally cured it. Change the springs aswell if they are rusty

Worn dampers would not cause the car to sit low, a broken spring would though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom