Back from another trip to the continent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBManInKen

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S500 LWB (V220)
Well, I've been once again to see friends and family on the continent - hence my absence for most of the week.

The Merc has performed flawlessly, as it has always done. :) Fuel consumption on this s-class keeps pleasantly surprising me. This for example was the leg from London to Dover:

mil040608.jpg

And sitting in the queue to board the ferry, I still admire its elegant lines: :D

dover040608.jpg

Total distance of the trip was just over 800 miles. And at the end of it, you feel just as fresh as the first mile :D.

I wish I could get 33mpg out of my 3.2 litre :(

As you say elegant lines. I have seen my old SClass a couple of times and it was a great design.

Easy, I do regularly in my S Class on motorways, 21mpg when towing my caravan. Traffic lights and roundabouts reduce the mpg on dual carriageways

You should get a LWB s-class instead :D ;).

I've said it before, but technology has been advancing in this area. My current s-class is more streamlined than the previous one, and I do have ZAS on it, which ought to make a difference. With the previous S500 (140 chassis), I would not have been able to do much better than about 26mpg.

What's this recent fascination with nuns here? Someone had a religious experience? :D

What can I tell you? Robert's a very persuasive chap...

I was going to reply to that, but the thread would no longer be suitable for a young audience... :devil:

Do we have a young audience?

Do we even have an audience?

I thought we were all members of the cast.

What's this recent fascination with nuns here? Someone had a religious experience? :D

I heard abbot that too :D

I was going to reply to that, but the thread would no longer be suitable for a young audience... :devil:

Don't be so hard on him, it's a non-prophet performance :D.

I see you're a creature of habit :D.
you just gotta love this forum:bannana: always puts a smile on my face:bannana: :D

I see you're a creature of habit :D.

I've given my reply some thought over the morning, and I've drawn a complete blank.

You win :)

Psalm people would say that I'm surplice to requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom