Back from the garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barker44

Well that's the last of the work done on the C63...

Quaife diff fitted
IPe headers, sports cat, right through to the valvetonic backbox.
BMC filters
Eurocharged remap to match the mods.

The car has been transformed from stock and what a difference the diff makes from std.. Uv been missing out... Haha

Below is the dyno run with figures.. Not sure what's going on with the torque dropping where it did but a solid 507 hp at the flywheel and on an engine with less than 10k and needing a service. Let's hope that these numbers will increase as the engine loosens up ;-)

image-4111920871.jpg

Got a vid of the exhausts but can't upload :-/

Good mods, and the right ones for sure. Although most C63s with those mods are making 550bhp+ @ the fly.

Yeh did think that... But I'm not sure about the RR....
Have to wait till I get to another tuner... Not too sure what the torque flat spot is all about too... Hmmm

i would be going back to the tuneras 507 is what i wld expect from just the v5 remap..i agree with the headers and exhaust that shd be around the 550 mark with no dips in the torque

Yeh did think that... But I'm not sure about the RR....
Have to wait till I get to another tuner... Not too sure what the torque flat spot is all about too... Hmmm

Where did you take the car?

Shouldn't be having any flat spots as the headers should free the engine up a lot. I can't see the RR being 40bhp out either.

i would be going back to the tuneras 507 is what i wld expect from just the v5 remap..i agree with the headers and exhaust that shd be around the 550 mark with no dips in the torque

The average for a remap is 520bhp.

Went to Wallace performance.... From all your replies I'm starting to get a little concerned...

I'm going to plug the MyGenius in and see what map is on...

I'm not familiar with Wallace Performance. I've always used MSL and they've been great for me. Where are you based?

Well after Eurocharged did some digging they found that the conversion difference on the rollers was all wrong, compared it with their own figures and estimated around 550hp

They are looking into it to confirm though...

The boys at Wallace are good lads and spend their time making sure everything was right.. Even kept the car in over night to make sure that the diff was sealed correctly.

Was just concerned that there was something wrong with the engine after the lack of power but was not true :) phew!!!

Oh the dip in the torque level at 4500 is the cam gear changing and is present on some Dyno'd but not others depending on how sensitive the Dyno is set up.... Another phew!!

I would still like to chuck it on a dyno else where but maybes at a later date.

I'm based in Dundee on the east coast of Scotland..

Thanks again to the boys at Eurocharged UK for your extensive research and fault finding today.. I know you were busy with other work and appreciate the time you took when you could to look into my issue!!!

Top work!!! Thanks again

The Eurocharged boys were remapping my car today..

Sounds better, I'd double check the AFR, mapping and power on another set of rollers.

Haha... Ur car was probably about to go on the rollers when I phoned ;-)

U happy with the results?

Probably was... it was lunchtime early afternoonish! Yep all good.

Well after Eurocharged did some digging they found that the conversion difference on the rollers was all wrong, compared it with their own figures and estimated around 550hp

They are looking into it to confirm though...

The boys at Wallace are good lads and spend their time making sure everything was right.. Even kept the car in over night to make sure that the diff was sealed correctly.

Was just concerned that there was something wrong with the engine after the lack of power but was not true :) phew!!!

Oh the dip in the torque level at 4500 is the cam gear changing and is present on some Dyno'd but not others depending on how sensitive the Dyno is set up.... Another phew!!

I would still like to chuck it on a dyno else where but maybes at a later date.

I'm based in Dundee on the east coast of Scotland..

Thanks again to the boys at Eurocharged UK for your extensive research and fault finding today.. I know you were busy with other work and appreciate the time you took when you could to look into my issue!!!

Top work!!! Thanks again

hello, did you drop the car off and return to dundee or stay the night? i'm thinking of getting a diff fitted there but i'm 2.5hrs away!

I dropped the car off and got the train back to dundee..

the diff made a huge difference!! The back is planted..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom