Back in a M-B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New carpet mats look great Ben. Much sharper than the originals. Good find :thumb:
Thanks Simon - driver's one was just a bit too worn (they've lasted pretty well, considering they're the originals!) Thinking of putting one of the old rear mats under my feet to prevent/minimise wear to the new ones..
FYI, I have managed to order a replacement n/s rear seat belt clip (bracket) as it's snapped. Special order from Germany as colour-coded to the interior. I nearly passed out when they quoted me £3.10 - surely a typo? 🤪

Last edited:
Not sure if this falls under Parts or Bodywork...

1. Replaced 2 slightly rusty nuts (and the third as it didn't match the new ones);
2. Also renewed the plastic & rubber trim that sits at the top of the rear hatch as the rubber part had detached and had seen better days..

Hurrah!

rear trim, rivets & nuts.jpg

trim1.jpgtrim2.jpgtrim3.jpgtrim4.jpgnut1.jpgnut2.jpgnut3.jpgnewnut1.jpgnewnut2.jpgnewnut3.jpg that

Thinking of putting one of the old rear mats under my feet to prevent/minimise wear to the new ones.

Whatever you do, please do not do this. That's how people kill themselves and others. One mat on top of another will slide around under your feet when you least expect it. If your foot then slips onto the accelerator in an automatic E55, it doesn't take much imagination to visualise the potential consequences. The tailored mats have anchor points for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom