Back in a M-B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi all - I'm the new owner of Simon's silver S211 E55 Wagon, and whilst this is my 2nd E55 it's my first wagon.

To say it's been cared for is not unlike stating that the Sun is 'a bit hot' 😎

Seller was a genuine enthusiast and a great chap. I know it was difficult for him to part with the car (having owned it 10 years) but it will be properly looked after.

Ben

PS - have now changed the driver's door handle for a new one so the keyless entry works on all handles.

Attachments

• handle_1.jpg
    handle_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • handle_2.jpg
    handle_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • handle_3.jpg
    handle_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
How much was the handle Ben? I need to change both of the ones one my car at some point.

Congratulations. It's your obligation as a new owner to constantly remind Simon of how good a of car it is that he sold.

As many times as you can please, Ben.

@simon1966

"Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."

Matthew 13:52

How much was the handle Ben? I need to change both of the ones one my car at some point.
£166+vat from dealer. Special order (2-3 days) and correctly colour coded to the car.
I followed AMGeed's very helpful how-to guide. Not difficult, just need to take your time. Handle works straight away too.
I have also sprayed the inner and outer handle rubbers with a water-repellent spray to try and prolong their lives as it's water getting inside that kills them.
Am going to dismantle the old handle and see if I can replace the microswitches. Nothing to lose..

Congratulations. It's your obligation as a new owner to constantly remind Simon of how good a of car it is that he sold.

As many times as you can please, Ben.

@simon1966

"Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."

Matthew 13:52
😁

Well done Ben, a lovely car you have there.

I know that @simon1966 deliberated a long time before eventually selling but it's hopefully now going to get used a bit and he can just drive around in his van. ;)

I was really keen on an e55 but they are a bit long in the tooth, finding a well cared one is so key and great to keep it in the enthusiast community. Congratulations on your purchase!

Hi all - I'm the new owner of Simon's silver S211 E55 Wagon, and whilst this is my 2nd E55 it's my first wagon.

To say it's been cared for is not unlike stating that the Sun is 'a bit hot' 😎

Seller was a genuine enthusiast and a great chap. I know it was difficult for him to part with the car (having owned it 10 years) but it will be properly looked after.

Ben

PS - have now changed the driver's door handle for a new one so the keyless entry works on all handles.

Glad it’s gone to a good home Ben👍
Please ignore Alex, he does anything he can to make my life a misery🤣

I guess I’ll should now change my avatar☹️

£166+vat from dealer. Special order (2-3 days) and correctly colour coded to the car.
I followed AMGeed's very helpful how-to guide. Not difficult, just need to take your time. Handle works straight away too.
I have also sprayed the inner and outer handle rubbers with a water-repellent spray to try and prolong their lives as it's water getting inside that kills them.
Am going to dismantle the old handle and see if I can replace the microswitches. Nothing to lose..

Great tip on using water repellent spray. Look forward to how you get on with replacing the microswitches. Have a look at this if you have not done so already:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update: ordered a 212 cargo net (couldn't find one for the 211) which fits fine as long as you turn it sideways.
Got a few other bits to come (nothing exciting I'm afraid..)IMG_20200710_164610_compress51.jpg

Update: ordered a 212 cargo net (couldn't find one for the 211) which fits fine as long as you turn it sideways.
Got a few other bits to come (nothing exciting I'm afraid..)
Great tip on using water repellent spray. Look forward to how you get on with replacing the microswitches. Have a look at this if you have not done so already:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yep, that's the video that gave me the idea. Whilst I can solder, I'm not sure how easy it is to dismantle/reassemble without damaging it. Will do my best 👍

New mats finally arrived from Germany. Virtually identical to OEM apart from no badges and £56 delivered 🙂

1 old nsf.jpg2 old osf.jpg3 old nsr.jpg4 old osr.jpg5 new all.jpg6 new & old comparison.jpg7 new nsf.jpg8 new osf.jpg9 new rear.jpg10 new nsf in car.jpg11 new osf in car.jpg12 new nsr in car.jpg13 new osr in car.jpg14 invoice.jpg

New carpet mats look great Ben. Much sharper than the originals. Good find :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom