Back in black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
...or it would have been if they hadn't had this blue one in stock. One month on from the Audi's self-immolation protest, I picked up its replacement this morning.

ZgNGxbn.jpg

Very shiny but very different......

What seat is it?

And wow, dem are thin tyres!
Your roads must be better than mine down here

Leon Cupra 290.

They're probably worse - the access road to my office makes the Somme look like a bowling green. I'm quickly remembering the art of pothole dodging.

I like it, especially the wheels.

...or it would have been if they hadn't had this blue one in stock. One month on from the Audi's self-immolation protest, I picked up its replacement this morning.

ZgNGxbn.jpg
Bit of a difference from an A8!

My nephew owns one and they’re surprisingly roomy although it’s that stiff that I think I lost a filling when I took it out for a spin!

Just a bit. The A8 showed me that having 2 high maintenance cars doesn't work for me, the SL was getting ignored and I was becoming disillusioned - new car warranty makes any problems someone else's. It's big enough for what I need, plus we have Lucy's Kuga for anything more. The suspension is definitely a bit of a culture shock, but I've had worse!

Today is the 3rd birthday of the small angry blue car, and coincidentally 20k miles covered to mark the occasion. I can hear the cheers of osteopaths across the country 😆

Today is the 3rd birthday of the small angry blue car, and coincidentally 20k miles covered to mark the occasion. I can hear the cheers of osteopaths across the country 😆
Mrs S loves her Leon; although it is but a lowly FR and not a neck-snapping, haemorrhoid-inducing Cupra :D

My friend has a diesel FR of the same generation, its suspension is far more reasonable and accommodating in its approach to dealing with modern road surfaces.

Right on cue, the phone call from VWFS asking my intentions for end of lease. I don't want to extend it for another year, and I'm not taking another lease - to get something comparable is at minimum 50% more expensive this time round. So it will go back, possibly slightly early.

The heart still wants an E63. The head says that's a lot of money tied up in something that's going to spend much of its life parked on the drive (work from home, trip to head office in Chelmsford every 6-8 weeks), and keeps looking at FFRRs suggestively.

Pending a call from BCA to book collection, my time with the little blue snotrocket comes to an end. 23600 miles in 3.5 years, at an average 34mpg.

It'll be the first time since 1997 that I'm without a car (the SL has been, and remains, in storage since the start of COVID).

And it's gone...
EzAsOmo.jpg

Not sure yet what will be next. My mileage nowadays is pretty small so I'll get by for a while on either the KTM, or borrowing Lucy's Kuga, maybe look for something next year.

Last edited:
And it's gone...
EzAsOmo.jpg

Not sure yet what will be next. My mileage nowadays is pretty small so I'll get by for a while on either the KTM, or borrowing Lucy's Kuga, maybe look for something next year.
Bye Bye Cupra 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom