Back in the fold...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzmanc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Tesla Model 3 + Honda Blackbird
Greetings and a very merry christmas to all. I've not been on here for quite a while after i sold my clk. Had an affair with a VW Eos which after numerous leaks and the crankshaft snapping ended badly. Moved onto a Brand New Peugeot 208 XY but still can't shift the convertible bug........

So i am now the pround owner of an E220 CDI 2010 (A207) in Indigolite Blue with blue hood and grey leather - she's gorgeous and i'm in love again lol

Daz

Welcome back and Merry Christmas.

I'm a convertible lover too - Vitesse, TR6 and more recently several Mercedes, including AMGs. I really like the look of the current E too and the S looks ok when de-blinged.

Strange looker the original EOS. Still room for a more considered hard top VW I reckon.

I really like VWs. California and Passat especially. Best value make in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange, we had an Eos too, great concept spoilt by numerous and un resolvable leaks, leaks leaks leaks, so bad fungus grew in the carpet, to their credit vw bought it back a year after we took delivery for what we paid!

If H18 EOS is still out there, I pity the poor guy that's got it, lady seen for sale in Guildford area

We now have an e250 convertible, save a few niggles great car

Enjoy

Should read last, Guildford not the area to sell a lady!!! Get much better price in Plymouth

I started calling the EOS 'The sieve', fixed one leak and another would appear, i removed a gromet in the boot to stop it turning into a swimming pool, then when the engine went well that was the last straw. I bought an engine and fitted it myself then traded it in for the Peugeot.

Only had the E for 3 days and so far all is lovely, need to get comand fitted tho as there is no aux in so i'm back to CD's.....how quaint :D

My experience of VW is not good. Just wouldn't buy one.

My experience of VW is not good. Just wouldn't buy one.

Mine's the opposite EOS being the exception. Their customer service is also second to none. Needed some bits for the daughters Beetle this week so went to our local dealer 2 parts were order from Germany for next day delivery (impressive in itself) when they came and I went to collect the parts manager stuck his hand up and said he had screwed up and ordered the wrong part as he misread the part number. Not to worry I thought everyone makes mistakes and no drama but he assured me it would be there the following day. The next morning he rang me at 0915 to tell me the correct part had arrived and not to trouble trailing in through the Christmas traffic they would deliver, part was with me by 1030.

That's what I call customer service can you imagine a MB dealer doing that?

This is one of the reasons I have a VW on order nothing is too much trouble for them. You want a spec change certainly sir, you want something not normally fitted to that model, we'll investigate sir and if it is possible we will do it. I've spec'd my new car exactly how I want it including options that weren't even on the options list that's why they got my business you don't have to compromise and quality and engineering is first class

Mine's the opposite EOS being the exception. Their customer service is also second to none. Needed some bits for the daughters Beetle this week so went to our local dealer 2 parts were order from Germany for next day delivery (impressive in itself) when they came and I went to collect the parts manager stuck his hand up and said he had screwed up and ordered the wrong part as he misread the part number. Not to worry I thought everyone makes mistakes and no drama but he assured me it would be there the following day. The next morning he rang me at 0915 to tell me the correct part had arrived and not to trouble trailing in through the Christmas traffic they would deliver, part was with me by 1030.

That's what I call customer service can you imagine a MB dealer doing that?

This is one of the reasons I have a VW on order nothing is too much trouble for them. You want a spec change certainly sir, you want something not normally fitted to that model, we'll investigate sir and if it is possible we will do it. I've spec'd my new car exactly how I want it including options that weren't even on the options list that's why they got my business you don't have to compromise and quality and engineering is first class

That's my experience of Audi as it happens.

VW though after my experience with Birmingham sales I'd never buy one. That's aside from the fact I had a V6 golf that was breaking down on a weekly basis!

That's my experience of Audi as it happens.

VW though after my experience with Birmingham sales I'd never buy one. That's aside from the fact I had a V6 golf that was breaking down on a weekly basis!

Have to admit our Audi dealer was just as good when we had the A8.

Hope my new Golf when it arrives is a little more reliable than yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom