Back in the fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EClassy

Car
A205 C200 Cabriolet AMG Line - Prem +, ILS, 360° camera, leather dash and Driving Assistance Pkg
So having seen the GLE Coupe last year I was damn sure I was getting it. I was going to put all my savings in it and just enjoy life. Car came out, went to see it, loved it but then when it came to put in an order, I developed cold feet and decided against. Even with the savings from a Broker the purchase price + PCP interest + GFV (I buy at the end) was only a few bob short of £70,000. I let my head rule and that was the end of my GLE Coupe dream.:mad:

I then decided to go for the W213 so I sold my poverty spec E200 W212 AMG Sport which I had had from new in November, for decent money in anticipation of prices falling on the release of the W213 in Detroit in January this year.

There is now only one car in the family and living in the sticks, a car is essential especially at weekends. I thought to myself there's Uber for a reason. Took my first ride in one and driver went the long way round for abolutely no reason. Complained to Uber and was fobbed off. The difference was only a few £s but on principle I cancelled my account and a car became necessary again.

W213 was released and I was damn sure I was going to get it cause it ticked all the boxes. Time to put in my order and the 2L petrol engine is nowhere to be seen :dk: even though you can cofigure one on the German Mercedes site. I do less than 5000 miles a year and I cant deal with the unrefined noise of a 220d when I am not getting the main benefit of having diesel.

I sleep on it, sleep on it and sleep on it some more. Today I made a decision and locked in an order for a C class :fail
Oh how the mighty are fallen. From dreaming of a GLE Coupe, to lowering my standards to an E, then ending up ordering a C. I should be thankful I haven't ended up in a B class or worse still, the pleb mobile - the A class.

My spec:
C200 AMG Line
Polar white
Black artico seats
Black open pore ash trim
Panoramic roof
Burmeister
Keyless go/access
Driving assistance package
ILS
360 degree camera
about 15% discount through a broker

My W212 was my first Mercedes and I didnt appreciate how solid a car it was until I started driving the Missus car, the new Citroen C1. That is one horrible car. Good for short trips in town and thats about it.

I have been told to expect delivery in July. I have missed driving a Mercedes and I can't bloody wait. Happy to be returning to the fold :rock:

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with a C Class (or a B for that matter! :eek:)

Nice spec you've ordered. I'm sure you'll be over the moon with what you've 'lowered yourself to' :rolleyes:

IMHO the GLE is a vulgar car, just like the Q7, X6 & Cayenne. Or 'Bully Cars' as my 10 year old daughter calls them.

Ant.

That sounds like a nice car, I'm sure you'll be chuffed when it arrives

Eclassy

I have a 2007 C class Avtg saloon in black since 2008 55k miles and big jeep with all the toys

My story is slightly different to yours

I sold my private plate last yr off the c class then went browsing, like audi A6 interier and bmw 5 series and loved the C lass new shape estate in white with pan roof - but then decided to buy an investment property.

Earlier this yr, looking on the net, was going to by c class est in amg line prem pack, not driven one. Then we learnt re GLC, loved it by my children did not, did not drive but sat in one. Then my sister came around in her new GLE, my wife and kids loved it.
We debated what to buy and i preferred C calss or GLC especially as cheaper, lol.
and as easier to drive to work and back plus a few home visits to clients every other day. Ended up buying GLE amg line in black del for April, cash buy as we will keep for years and initially as weekend car and sell jeep.

I promised myself a few yrs ago never to buy a brand new car but never say never.

Your C class, i still love the look of the car and good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom