Back in the V8 club...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But would you have not been happier having had the C32 to go for a C55?
No, I was after a W211 E55K but got bored looking and couldn't find one that stood out

The trim etc is a little more modern and what you have now?
It's not a big thing for me; I think both the W202 & W203 interiors are pleasing to the eye in their own ways

or even convert your C32 to a C55 ?
That would cost a fortune and be pretty pointless; the W202 C43 conversion to a W210/208 '55 is relatively straightforward

Lol, you crack me up Lee!! We're you down this way picking it up? How's it stack up against your old one?

Lol, you crack me up Lee!! We're you down this way picking it up? How's it stack up against your old one?
I know, I even told Alex (R120) who was selling the car that I've not even got space for another car but never mind!

Yes, picked her up from Landan on Sunday morning.

It feels a tiny bit quicker but that could just be down to my memory, also the original 17"s feel a lot better to ride on, I always found the 18"s a little too hard.

How's the RR?

I am glad its gone to a good home, looking forward to seeing where you take it!

It's definitely quite a pokey C43' not sure if its down to the exhaust but it feels faster than most of the others I have driven, and certainly in a different league to the C43 Wagon I have.

Me or the car? I collected the C43 from London, if that's what you mean.

Nice buy my friend :) I would always have an open ear if you had to let her go again....

Sounds to me like the amg engine has just bedded in after 170k :)

It's definitely quite a pokey C43' not sure if its down to the exhaust but it feels faster than most of the others I have driven, and certainly in a different league to the C43 Wagon I have.

I'm pretty certain that it is quicker than my last C43, I will have to do some 0-60 runs and see how it compares.

Edit: meant to say that I'm trying to chase up the Mercedes history. It's booked in for the windscreen in a fortnight and the bodywork on the 3rd July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buy my friend :) I would always have an open ear if you had to let her go again....

Thanks. :thumb:

The way I get through cars, I'm sure you wouldn't be waiting long before its up for sale!

Love the RR Lee! Obvs very different to the c43 but think I've found my car!! Petrol is stupid though, need an LPG!

The old lass went in for a spruce up of the paintwork yesterday morning, should be getting her back for Tuesday/Wednesday...

Just been to pick the car up...

Took the decision to remove the spoiler, it wasn't really my thing...

null-25.jpg

I'll get some better photos up when I've given the old lass a coat (or two) of wax.

Took the decision to remove the spoiler, it wasn't really my thing...

It's strange because I would have thought I would have wanted to fit the small lip spoiler to mine but I haven't had a car with a spoiler since 2005 - but I actually don't want one on mine.

Is this an age thing do you think?

After just over two months of ownership, the old lass has moved on to another loving home, a member on here no less.

I wasn't particularly fussed about selling but the buyer was very keen to get his hands on a C43 so I let him have it.

I'm a bit gutted to be honest, but it's gone to another enthusiast so at least I know it'll be looked after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom