Back seat cushion in 208 CLK Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
Anyone know how to remove the back seat cushion in a 208 CLK as my brother dropped a clip down it when installing a CD changer in the boot?

Just guessing that it might be the same as on a W124 Coupe...

If this is the case then on each seat base there should be a little clip at the bottom front, middle of each cushion. Release clip and lift base. The back is held on at the base by a little 8mm bolt.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
Just guessing that it might be the same as on a W124 Coupe...

If this is the case then on each seat base there should be a little clip at the bottom front, middle of each cushion. Release clip and lift base. The back is held on at the base by a little 8mm bolt.

Sp!kes description is very much like it is on a w202, apart from there is no centre clip.

Thanks guys. It seems to be different to the C Class. The seats are 'anchored' at each side with no visible bolt/clip and the seat backs fold in a 60/40 split.

Anyone have any ideas?

On my car it's achored by a hidden lever in the front corners. You have to put hand up in between carpet and seat base.

The hand book shows this, but then it maybe because my battery is under there.

Dealer found out how after 1/2 an hour of trying, even with the instructions!

The release is on the front of the left and right of the rear seat cushion. It feels soft and it is!! The applied presure will eventually release the cushion mechanism with a slight 'click'.

The thing to realise is that there is nothing to indicate that you are pushing the right spot until it 'clicks'!!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jeeze, I'm glad I found this post yesterday. Was fitting a PC in the boot and didn't know how to get the rear seat up to feed the cables to the front.

Cheers

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom