Back to Mercedes Ownership :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Well, after nearly two years of driving a Landrover Discovery 3 we're swapping back to Mercedes. I've loved the Disco, but the wife has decided that she wants something that's more stable on the motorway and more economical, so we've just cut a deal on a 2011 S212 :). It's in Silver, on an 11 plate, E220 CDI BlueEfficiency SE with Audio 50 APS (I know, would have liked COMAND but can't have everything!), and we pick it up tomorrow!

-simon

Attachments

• s2121.jpg
    s2121.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Olly. Expect to see me around servicing time :)

Enjoy! Very nice car! :)

Lovely car - enjoy!

Picked up today. Drives superbly!

Attachments

• image-2383706077.jpg
    image-2383706077.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19
Ok, question: should the Audio 50 APS on a W212 have full postcode navigation? Mine only seems to do partial postcodes! I'd have thought that this was standard by 2011!

Nice car. Sorry only full Command has 7 digit post codes, 50 APS has only partial. I bought my S212 with 50 APS and got Comand Online to upgrade to Comand since I knew that I'd prefer full postcodes (and other things like no reversing camera with 50 APS).

Oh how terribly disappointing. I did ask the salesman if the navigation system is the same as in COMAND, he said that other than being on DVD instead of hard disk it's identical, and that the differences with COMAND are the multimedia bits. Now I'm quite upset.

50 APS is a good system but there are quite a few differences. Physically the screen is smaller and lower resolution. The Sat Nav has fewer options and I think that music has less options. However the basics are much the same.

I got a very good deal on my car, knowing that it had 50 APS rather than Comand. So I budgeted for the upgrade. You could always do this and as always I'd recommend Alfie and Richard at Comand Online down the road at Lightwater.

Unless you had something in writing from the dealer there isn't much you can do about it now.

PS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom