Back to Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lastfan

Car
New 2020 E Class AMG Line Night Edition Premium Plus
I already posted a couple of things and got really helpful advice, or at least confirmation I was going in the right direction.

I used to have CClass in mid noughties and enjoyed it but growing family meant it wasn’t practical for the long touring holidays. The E Class at the time when we came to replace didn’t inspire and together with mediocre aftersales at Merc I went to Audi and have had 3 or 4 A6 models.

Time to change after 3 years ( these years go by so fast) and looked at EClass again and plumped for new facelift E220 Premium Plus Night Edition - happened to be one on shipment to MB locally and arrived with them last week for delivery to me Sept 1st - one more sleep!

Why come back? Well, I have been pretty happy with the A6 - big inside and servicing has been trouble free, but in all honesty I don’t enjoy the drive, too much lag thought while it thinks about what to do when pulling away.

So back to Mercedes it is - I didn’t want to go backwards in any area really and the problem of having a well specced Audi meant Premium Plus really - but the price was right, the car was available and I never had a white car, so the lack of colour choice actually made it easier.

What else am I doing?

MB valeter not touching it in or out - not a wash, no protective coverings removed - picking up ex factory and going to a detailed to set it up and ceramic coat. I do this every car, although normally low mileage demonstrators mean a paint correction first, not this time.

No extras from the dealer - in all honesty there wasn’t great pressure - I see the benefit of GAP and think I have settled on totallossgap.co.uk

I might even do an alloy protection through them - this car has a lot of alloy!

I am going to push the boat out and go for the very rarely reviewed/ and dreadfully priced MB Witness cameras front and rear, but I bought the car well and I had Braybrooks recommended on here, so booked in and a nice drive to get that sorted shortly.

Buying new car insurance has been interesting - using the usual comparison sites means even once you go to the insurer speaking to someone is a challenge. I don’t believe cost is the only issue - I already posted elsewhere but I ended up in `Jan with Sainsbury’s Bank - they broker through a company called Pukka ( you couldn’t make the name up) and their reviews are dreadful. So that has worried me and I have cancelled them from tomorrow and for a small extra premium will probably stick with MB this year - after their 7 day driveaway or will stick to a company that underwrites themselves this time round.

Anyway, new here based in Southampton, and already found the forums really friendly so look forward to coming home to Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom