back to my roots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
well, the SLK has gone, and in it's place is an '06 BMW 330d auto. Whilst the back light clusters still looks somewhat pinched, I think the rest of it is a fairly nice shape (ok, it's grown on my since the new shape came out). it's also gizmo laden which I like :)

the car is metallic grey with black leather heated memory seats, idrive, professional nav, bluetooth and bixenons. only had it since saturday so I'm still getting used to it, but it seems to drive nicely.

the idrive is interesting. They say that you need a degree in computer science to use it. fortunately I have one :) I'd say it's not exactly intuitive but once you work out it's logic it does make a bit more sense.

I've got my work nokia mobile hooked up to the BT, but I've not had too much success with my iphone 3g yet. it pairs but then continually disconnects and reconnects. I'll have to see if I can get a firmware update from BMW for that[1].

I have to say it's nice to have a proper climate control system again, I always had to fiddle with the system in the SLK.

Anyways, I'll continue to stick around if no-one minds :)

dave

[1] I am aware of an issue with the new iphone and address book access, but I'm not reaching that point yet.

Lovely sounding car mate. Good choice :)

cheers. took it for a spin this evening. I have to say, when you give it a little extra right foot, it gets very fast, very quickly. lots and lots of torque!

obviously yours has more :) but it's the most I've ever had in a car.

dave

Nav Disk

Don't know where the car came from (main dealer or other) but BMW over the last couple of years offer trade in on the Nav DVD, so as long as you have an original disc the replacement is only £100.

Mike

Don't know where the car came from (main dealer or other) but BMW over the last couple of years offer trade in on the Nav DVD, so as long as you have an original disc the replacement is only £100.

Mike

that's useful to know, I might be prepared to get a straight up 2008 disc if they upgraded my idrive and bluetooth firmware at the same time :)

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom