Back to the Old Skool !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
My pal Josh has just finished sorting out and doing up his Y reg 280 SEL ...

Our other pals Tom and Anna are getting married in 3 weeks and are gonna use it as their wedding car , how old skool is that ? :rock:

Anyway, i just thought you'd appreciate a piccy of the 'beast' ...

Not many of these around nowadays , we went and had a little cruise in it the other day and i'm not joking, we had more looks and nods of appreciation than if we'd been in a Ferrari !!

Old Skool rules !!!

joshs.jpg

It's not old skool - it's class :rock: :rock:

Very nice colour - the 450 SEL 6.9 was used in the 'Ferrari' film C'etait un Rendezvous.

Nicely dun, thats what i call a S Class

It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination , but it passes the ' 5 yard test '

The back bumper is still to be straightened ;)

You feel like Al Capone when you're riding in it .... :D

It had mushroom velour , God knows where from but Josh sourced a mushroom leather interior , and it looks really nice now ...

Back shelf covering had rotted away , but as it's totally flat , a nice offcut of beige carpet from the carpet shop fits a treat ! ;)

Last edited:
Very nice I think the wheel embellishers look much better than the period alloys,but I may be slightly biased there;)

My Neighbours think i'm a drug dealer already, and i've been thinking about one of these old style mobster mercs', might try an get one in a year or two:D

My Neighbours think i'm a drug dealer already, and i've been thinking about one of these old style mobster mercs', might try an get one in a year or two:D

I'd better not turn up at yours in my B-class then, what with the tints and bling! wheels! :cool:

I've got the old skool alloys in my garage at the moment ..... :mad:

Just sold off a set of my old wheels to make some space and Josh pops round and says 'Can you look after these ?' ... :rolleyes:

Now, the alloys have whitewall tyres , yes that's right , whitewall tyres :eek: .... i keep telling Josh to swap them onto the steels as they will look great with the painted hub caps .....

Last edited:
lol, if u turned up at mine in that, the only thing stopping the wheels from being robbed when u turned your back, is everyone thinking im a drug dealer:bannana:

I've got the old skool alloys in my garage at the moment ..... :mad:

Just sold off a set of my old wheels to make some space and Josh pops round nd says 'Can you look after these ?' ... :rolleyes:

Now, the alloys have whitewall tyres , yes that's right , whitewall tyres :eek: .... i keep telling Josh to swap them onto the steels as they will look great with the painted hub caps .....

Talking of space needed Howard, you just reminded me I bought that sub off you.
Forgot all about it, sorry:eek:

No worries Graeme , its not taking up any space really ....

I was having the sale to raise money for my car repairs .....

Whenever you want it , its there ! :rock:

Black car with steels and embellishers I'd say fitting the white walls too would look the dogs nutz:bannana:

Black car with steels and embellishers I'd say fitting the white walls too would look the dogs nutz:bannana:

No, it would cheapen it. It looks really (S) classy at the moment.

Any chance for some more pictures Howard it really does look the job

Your wish is my COMAND ;)

jcar.jpg

jcar2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom